Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No "VGA" input signal on my new Pc

Options
  • 15-12-2012 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Everything seems to be working, the fans on the GPU are running as is the one on the CPU. But when I turn it on , the monitor just stays black and goes to sleep.

The cable is fine as it worked with a different PC, help please!

xmf-radeon 7950

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Everything seems to be working, the fans on the GPU are running as is the one on the CPU. But when I turn it on , the monitor just stays black and goes to sleep.

The cable is fine as it worked with a different PC, help please!

xmf-radeon 7950

Try reseating the RAM, Also your video card may require additional power via a 6 pin PCIe power port. So check the card is getting adequate power

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 18 cggreene

I did have the ram in the wrong positions , but I corrected that, it still does not work, GPU has all power cords on, and all fans are working.

RGB cable is being used, but no input signal

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I did have the ram in the wrong positions , but I corrected that, it still does not work, GPU has all power cords on, and all fans are working.

RGB cable is being used, but no input signal

What is the power supply in it? What do you mean RAM in wrong positions? I.e not in dual channel configuration or? Also try booting with just one stick of RAM, no change try the other one. Bad RAM can cause such an issue

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

probably a stupid question but is the video cable going into the gpu and not an onboard connector

• Registered Users Posts: 18 cggreene

Yes, I tried it in both the GPU and the motherboard, none seem to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

This worked for me recently,..
    Remove the Video card, connect monitor to on-board VGA, boot and enter BIOS, in video settings set default Video to onboard (or similar) save changes and power off, put xmf-radeon 7950 back in PC and reboot, then check Device manager to see if you have any driver or hardware issues.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Yes, I tried it in both the GPU and the motherboard, none seem to work.

Do you even see the BIOS messages during booting ?
    Eg. "Press F5 to enter setup" ?

How many graphics ports do you have at the back of your computer?
    Eg. there may be an on-board graphics chip on the motherboard, plus the graphics card you installed. So it may be defaulting in the BIOS to the on-board card, until you go into the BIOS and disable it.

Also, depending on how clever your screen is, it might have a VGA and HDMI input, but doesn't automatically switch between them.
    So see if there's a "source" button to swap between them on your screen.

Advertisement