Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Jazz in Dublin

• 15-12-2012 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I'm very new to jazz and would love to own some records. I'm just wondering if there's anywhere in Dublin I can buy records or cds.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Tower Records in either O'Connell St or Wicklow St (better selection in the latter) would be your best bet for new CD's. Not sure how much vinyl they stock.

For second hand CD's, a great shop is "The Secret Bookshop" (I think thats the name anyway). It is a few doors away from Tower Records in Wicklow St. on the same side of the street. There is a narrow hallway leading down to it. Keep a sharp eye out, as it is easy to miss the entrance. As the name suggests, it is also a book shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Reek_The_Meek

Thank you for the information. I didn't realise freebird did jazz.

If anyone knows anywhere I could buy records I would be very grateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Tower Records had a decent selection of vinyl last time I was in there, which was admittedly quite a while ago so things may have changed. Spindizzy records (if it still exists) in Georges Arcade might have a bit of a vinyl selection also. The Rage on Fade St also had a decent selection including some nice "new" Sun Ra releases too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

If you keep an eye on Irish Record Fairs on Facebook or whatever then that would be a rich vein of Jazz records. He has more fairs in Dublin than you could shake a stick at so well worth a look. Also the record shop in George's St. arcade is not the worst place for jazz records either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Setun wrote: »
    The Rage on Fade St also had a decent selection including some nice "new" Sun Ra releases too.

Most of their vinyl is garbage and getting a refund is neigh on impossible. Avoid and certainy don't encourage them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 SteedBurger

Celtic Note on Nassau St are good for vinyl and I'm sure they'd have some jazz stuff. Current offer is 3 records for €50.

Advertisement