Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Maths

Options
  • 15-12-2012 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

:mad: Does anyone know where I can get information on project maths or some website where it is shown how to do project maths.I dont understand project maths yet I want to do well on my junior cert and I must do Higher level maths to do the job I want,I want to find some website where I can learn all the maths I will need for higher level junior cert project maths.I dont have a very good teacher so I don't undestand anything she teaches :( we don't even get exam papers for maths this year as ours will be the first year to do a full project maths jc exam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Grian1

The sample papers have just come out. You could buy Revise Wise. They're usually good.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Leopard_Star

yeah i actually went to the shop to buy them,I have them on 3 subjects although they are very pricey...but they wont be in the shop until after christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

:mad: Does anyone know where I can get information on project maths or some website where it is shown how to do project maths.I dont understand project maths yet I want to do well on my junior cert and I must do Higher level maths to do the job I want,I want to find some website where I can learn all the maths I will need for higher level junior cert project maths.I dont have a very good teacher so I don't undestand anything she teaches :( we don't even get exam papers for maths this year as ours will be the first year to do a full project maths jc exam

http://www.projectmaths.ie/ is the main website for project maths information. The main thing to remember is that you won't be doing the full project maths course. Second years will be the first year to do a full project maths junior cert. So, for you and I we must only do Paper 2 of the project maths course, or Strand 1 (Probability and Statistics) & 2 (Geometry and Trigonometry). Paper 1 is the exact same for you, as it has been for the past number of years.

I find it a bit off-putting that you could have such a bad teacher. Teachers generally aren't bad, they (supposedly) have degrees in their subjects and have a pretty large knowledge of the course they're teaching. Maybe she uses a teaching style that you're not used to. What exactly does she do that makes you see her as a bad teacher?

The exam papers for maths only came out a fortnight ago. I've a brilliant teacher and even we don't have our papers yet, so I wouldn't really use that as an indication of how bad of a teacher you have.
    yeah i actually went to the shop to buy them,I have them on 3 subjects although they are very pricey...but they wont be in the shop until after christmas.

Who told you this? I strongly doubt it. A publisher won't publish a guide that's only suited for this year. They'll more than likely publish one next year when the full project maths course is in play.

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    http://www.projectmaths.ie/ is the main website for project maths information. The main thing to remember is that you won't be doing the full project maths course. Second years will be the first year to do a full project maths junior cert. So, for you and I we must only do Paper 2 of the project maths course, or Strand 1 (Probability and Statistics) & 2 (Geometry and Trigonometry). Paper 1 is the exact same for you, as it has been for the past number of years.

I find it a bit off-putting that you could have such a bad teacher. Teachers generally aren't bad, they (supposedly) have degrees in their subjects and have a pretty large knowledge of the course they're teaching. Maybe she uses a teaching style that you're not used to. What exactly does she do that makes you see her as a bad teacher?

The exam papers for maths only came out a fortnight ago. I've a brilliant teacher and even we don't have our papers yet, so I wouldn't really use that as an indication of how bad of a teacher you have.

Who told you this? I strongly doubt it. A publisher won't publish a guide that's only suited for this year. They'll more than likely publish one next year when the full project maths course is in play.

whoa,thanks I did not know all that,our teacher hasn't really explained it all to us.but yes she is not a good teacher.most of the teachers in our school are not which has led us to a conclusion that they send all the reject teachers to our school :D but yeah,some of them are good though.

but yeah,our teacher goes on really quickly,and doesn't explain things properly,and when you tell her you don't understand she tells you to just try ir and doesn't help,she chooses favourites-is nice to some people but mean to others so some people get away with many things others dont,and If she comes to you to explain something she quickly writes something like the right answer without explaining how to do it and the says''get it now?'' and walks away before you get s chance to answer,my friend sits in class with her heasd down all day and she doesn't take notice of the fact that she doesn't understand and she is just so laid back about it all,when she teaches something in class the test is always a million times harder,nobody ever gets very good marks on her tests-well in maths...she is not a bad science teacher....but at maths she is bad thats why I will have to learn all the maths by myself watching videos and stuff.yes...sorry im done complaining :/
    were getting a new teacher though sometime in february because she is going on her maternity leave so I hope the new teacher is good :D

I Just found out our school is one of the schools doing the full project maths course :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement