Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to get a nice table top globe?

Options
  • 15-12-2012 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

Hey, before I buy online, does anyone have any idea where I might buy a nice globe in Cork city area? Ideally illuminated but doesn't have to be and preferably coloured like the one pictured. Thanks.

30c0rc4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

I am pretty certain you will find something like this in the antiques shop on Winthrop Street. I think it's called P. Cashell. I think I saw a globe like this in there during the week, though it was quite expensive. Like €250 expensive. But definitely worth a look. The place is great to have a look around anyway — it's almost out of place in Cork.

It's next to the chemists across from the G.P.O. and Vodafone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They sell them in Liam Ruiseal bookshop on Oliver Plunkett Street. They're usually over by the stairs at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 voyage

Easons (upstairs Patrick St), Vibes and Scribes (Lavitts Quay), Smyths Toys (Maylor St) all have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I seen some nice ones in TK Max in Dublin. Could be worth looking into one in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Thanks everyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement