Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus K55VD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

I purchased a similar laptop today, same amount of RAM (i inserted another 4GB stick) , 750 HDD and a i5 processor for 50 euros cheaper.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5089002.htm

A few people on here gave it a mention and it looked pretty decent for the money even for my limited knowledge.It also seems well built and sturdy with a aluminum case and is aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭darren2368

I had a look at that one earlier alright, think the processor is only a 1.7GHz single core though. Only for that I think I definitely would've given it some thought.
    I'm kinda hoping I'll be able to haggle the price down a bit, with it being Christmas and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Dats me

darren2368 wrote: »
    I had a look at that one earlier alright, think the processor is only a 1.7GHz single core though. Only for that I think I definitely would've given it some thought.
    I'm kinda hoping I'll be able to haggle the price down a bit, with it being Christmas and all!

No, all i5s are Dual-core, Argos are wrong, and it has turo boost so it's 1.7 up to 2.5, not much better than an i3.

Advertisement