Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can cigars cause you to start smoking cigarettes again?

Options
  • 15-12-2012 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

If you're a former smoker and you start buying cigars to smoke the odd time (maybe twice a week) can this cause you to want to go back on cigarettes again or not? Would they make it harder to stay off cigarettes lets say? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

We are all different.

It did for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

For me smoking was all about the habit.

I imagine though the taste of a cigar may well be entirely different they are the same act, the same movements, the same sensation and the same joy perhaps?

I can see it at the very least being a slippery slope.

I wouldint roll a piece of paper and play with it im so scared to death i'd go back. I loved my smokes, i love not smoking more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I've not been tempted to go back on cigaretts but I am tempted to smoke more cigars on a more frequent basis. I try to keep to one a month but 3 cigar nights are occuring much more frequenty. :o

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 first rate

themadchef wrote: »
    For me smoking was all about the habit.

I imagine though the taste of a cigar may well be entirely different they are the same act, the same movements, the same sensation and the same joy perhaps?

I can see it at the very least being a slippery slope.

I wouldint roll a piece of paper and play with it im so scared to death i'd go back. I loved my smokes, i love not smoking more.

Well then maybe going for the larger thicker cigars might be one way, but theres no real way to reduce the other similarities :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24 first rate

OldGoat wrote: »
    I've not been tempted to go back on cigaretts but I am tempted to smoke more cigars on a more frequent basis. I try to keep to one a month but 3 cigar nights are occuring much more frequenty. :o

Wait are you saying 3 nights a month or 3 cigars a night :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I (usually) only smoke once a month. Part of the pleasure of smoking a good cigar is the anticipation. :) I always take three cigars out with me on a smoking night. I used to bring two of them home again but lately I've noticed that I'm smoking them on the night.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement