Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emobile - can't download picture messages

Options
  • 15-12-2012 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

Over the past few days I am having difficulty downloading received picture messages. I have been trying to download the same picture message since 10 to 9 this evening.

My MMS settings were set up correctly when I got the phone, ages ago, and they haven't been changed. My packet data is turned on.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Over the past few days I am having difficulty downloading received picture messages. I have been trying to download the same picture message since 10 to 9 this evening.

My MMS settings were set up correctly when I got the phone, ages ago, and they haven't been changed. My packet data is turned on.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi pixiebean22,

When you received the picture message did you have wifi enabled on your phone?

It is only possible to send or receive picture messages if you have the internet only enabled on your phone.

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Hi pixiebean22,

When you received the picture message did you have wifi enabled on your phone?

It is only possible to send or receive picture messages if you have the internet only enabled on your phone.

Grainne

I tried it every way, without wifi enabled and with packet data enabled, with both enabled and with wifi enabled and without packet data enabled and it still wouldn't download.

I eventually received the picture message yesterday afternoon, nearly 24 hours later, after trying again with wifi enabled and packet data enabled.

I tried it every way, without wifi enabled and with packet data enabled, with both enabled and with wifi enabled and without packet data enabled and it still wouldn't download.

I eventually received the picture message yesterday afternoon, nearly 24 hours later, after trying again with wifi enabled and packet data enabled.

Glad to hear you got the picture message pixiebean22.

Next time you are sending or receiving a picture message you will have to switch off wifi on your phone as the picture cannot download.

Grainne

Glad to hear you got the picture message pixiebean22.

Next time you are sending or receiving a picture message you will have to switch off wifi on your phone as the picture cannot download.

Grainne

Yes, as I said I did switch off the wifi. I tried everyway I could think of and to no avail until almost 24 hours later when it downloaded.

Yes, as I said I did switch off the wifi. I tried everyway I could think of and to no avail until almost 24 hours later when it downloaded.

Thanks pixiebean22.

Just remember next time you know you are getting a picture message make sure that wifi is turned off. This will ensure that the MMS comes through.

Grainne

• Advertisement

Thanks pixiebean22.

Just remember next time you know you are getting a picture message make sure that wifi is turned off. This will ensure that the MMS comes through.

Grainne

As I said, I did switch off the wifi.

Having the same problem again today. Great service :rolleyes:

As I said, I did switch off the wifi.

Having the same problem again today. Great service :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you are still having an issue with your MMS pixiebean22.

Can you confirm that WIFI was definitely switched off when you received the message as this would be the only reason that the message would not deliver to your phone.

Grainne

Yes, it was switched off.

Yes, it was switched off.

Thanks pixiebean22,

Could you PM your mobile number pin and the make and model of your phone and I will investigate this for you.

Also can you confirm if the internet was enabled on your phone when you received the MMS.

Gráinne

Advertisement