Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone line suddenly dead and internet speeds crawling

Options
  • 15-12-2012 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Up to a couple of days ago all was fine. Im supposed to be on NGB 8mbs, and I would usually get speeds of 6 to 7.

Then earlier in the week I spotted an Eircom truck on my street and a couple of workmen doing stuff. Since then, I've had no dial tone on my landline at all so can't make or receive calls.

While the internet connection off the same line is still working, it intermittently disconnects now, and when it is connected the speed is now crawling at 1.3mb.

Help me Eircom!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Branoic wrote: »
    Hi,

Up to a couple of days ago all was fine. Im supposed to be on NGB 8mbs, and I would usually get speeds of 6 to 7.

Then earlier in the week I spotted an Eircom truck on my street and a couple of workmen doing stuff. Since then, I've had no dial tone on my landline at all so can't make or receive calls.

While the internet connection off the same line is still working, it intermittently disconnects now, and when it is connected the speed is now crawling at 1.3mb.

Help me Eircom!

Hi Branoic
    I can see that a fault ticket has been opened on this issue and has already been assigned to a technician. There is normally a 2 to 4 working day fix time. If this issue has not been resolved for you by Wednesday please let us know here and we can chase for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Fault logged late Sunday evening. Engineer on site by lunch time the following day, phone line fixed and broadband speeds gone back up to the usual 7 +/- mbps. Thanks Eircom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Branoic wrote: »
    Fault logged late Sunday evening. Engineer on site by lunch time the following day, phone line fixed and broadband speeds gone back up to the usual 7 +/- mbps. Thanks Eircom!

Hi Branoic

Thanks for the feedback. I will pass this on to Tony and I'm glad to hear the good news.

Regards

Al

Advertisement