Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need an ale recipe for first all grain brew

Options
  • 15-12-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

I have almost complete my beerkeg mashtun conversion. Just had the kegs sandblasted last week. Getting 15" hinged false bottom with stainless pipe and tap very soon.

Can anyone recommend a good tried and tested ale recipe? Would love quantities/method for a full keg batch.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Loobz wrote: »
    I have almost complete my beerkeg mashtun conversion. Just had the kegs sandblasted last week. Getting 15" hinged false bottom with stainless pipe and tap very soon.

Can anyone recommend a good tried and tested ale recipe? Would love quantities/method for a full keg batch.

thanks in advance.
    Why not try the homebrew companies all grain kits, everything you need in one bag for a beer including simple instructions. I did the Irish stout and it was very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Why not try the homebrew companies all grain kits, everything you need in one bag for a beer including simple instructions. I did the Irish stout and it was very nice.

thats a good idea martyn. I honestly didnt know you could get an 'all in one' all grain kit. Probably a good idea for my first all grain batch. Anyone tried and tested an ale using an all grain ale kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

If I'm looking for a recipe I sometimes go to the recipe database here.

Pick your style and sort by replies/views and you will get a brew that has been tried and tested by several dozen brewers. Often the recipe will improve over time to its worth reading though the thread to see peoples recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Shiny wrote: »
    If I'm looking for a recipe I sometimes go to the recipe database here.

Pick your style and sort by replies/views and you will get a brew that has been tried and tested by several dozen brewers. Often the recipe will improve over time to its worth reading though the thread to see peoples recommendations.

Thanks Shiny, thats a nice database to have a wander through. Thanks.

Advertisement