Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male or female boxer??

• 16-12-2012 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭

Right so have spent ages researching breeds etc and I am definetely getting a boxer.

The last thing I need to decide on is if I want a male or a female.

So any boxer owners out there let me know their opinions, any particular differences in traits/behaviors that ye may have noticed or any general advice on choosing?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭richiebceltic

Hi there, we got a male boxer pup about 5 months ago. You won't regret your choice of dog, they're brilliant family dogs and love being part of things! Our dog is very clever and I toilet trained him in about 2-3 weeks using the crate. They need plenty of exercise though and would need to be walked at least once a day. They love to play with toys and chase throw toys etc...great craic altogether. Can't imagine not having our fella about the place now, he fitted in straight away...as regards male v female, as long as you spayed/neutered the dog you wouldn't have a problem. Best of luck with your new pup :)

A picture I took 2 Sundays ago.

A picture I took 2 Sundays ago.
    here's another one. Good looking fella!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

here's another one. Good looking fella!

Aw he is adorable.

I have always wanted a boxer but my situation never suited to getting one. I have a good bit of time now and there will be no shortage of exercise anyway :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

The thing about boxer dogs is be prepared for the snoring, farting , mooching for food and wanting to be rubbed all the time. But I wouldn't change my 6 year old Male for anything.

My fella can be the laziest dog until he hears he is going out then its like he is a pup again. They are so funny with their expressions when they do something they aren't sure of.

The only difference with the males and females can be size. Both are crazy but very loyal. Enjoy whichever you choose as for the breed I think they are the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Ive had 3 boxers,best dogs ever :).My old boy died 2 years ago and I now have a 2 year old male and a 10 year old female.Both great.My female is more needier but she was a rescue and was badly abused.My white boy is a huge baby,sits on my lap aswell :)males are generally taller.They are fab dogs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

Well I couldn't decide between male and female so just went to see pups today and the biggest chubby messer there, was to much to turn down. So I am collecting my little fella on January 6th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove boxers :)

Advertisement