Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Location for a job on J1?

Options
  • 16-12-2012 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of going to the US next year on a J1, but can't make up my mind on what state to go to, I have a list, but I don't know which one I would have a higher chance at getting a job!

They are -
    Las Vegas,NV.
    New York City, NY.
    Miami,FL.
    Los Angeles,CA.

Any help would be appreciated :D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Unemployment in LA is double digit, so unless you have occupational qualifications that are in demand there, and the economy improves between now and when you arrive, I doubt LA would be a good choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I know people that went to New York in 2011 and for the most part some had no problem with getting jobs some had, Chicago was the most popular destination in 2012 but you always here the stories of people not being able to get jobs and coming home within a few weeks. However some places in California mainly LA and San Francisco are notoriously hard to get jobs in! I had friends go to San Diego this year and half got jobs the other half didnt. When signing the contract there's a part where they make you sign that says USIT told you not to go to California and you are going there against there advice. This is because te irish J1ers wreck the place When they are there that's what the girl told me an that they are not welcomed anymore, I don't know how true that is!

Advertisement