Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never Again

Options
  • 16-12-2012 4:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had such a horrific run that they've given up.

The final straw was about an hour ago. I was dealt pocket kings. The flop was k 6 2 with no flush draws. The other guy called a €220 all in bet with 10 6 offsuit.

He hit running sixes.

I had worked up a 6 grand bankroll over about 11 months. I've lost it in less than 2 weeks and cant take it anymore. I havent got the stomach to build it back up again to watch it pissed away again to another run like this. The run where even quads wont win you a hand. (I've lost with quads twice in the last week to better quads)

In the last two weeks I've lost with every hand from straight flush down.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Its Me CHD

ul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

The other night i missclicked on a K62 board with 10 6 and hit quads against some poor lad for €220 .
    Was that you ??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

(I've lost with quads twice in the last week to better quads)

You need to start playing in card rooms with bad beat jackpots. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭looters

Play Roulette, sounds like youd be better at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Has anyone had such a horrific run that they've given up.

The final straw was about an hour ago. I was dealt pocket kings. The flop was k 6 2 with no flush draws. The other guy called a €220 all in bet with 10 6 offsuit.

He hit running sixes.

I had worked up a 6 grand bankroll over about 11 months. I've lost it in less than 2 weeks and cant take it anymore. I havent got the stomach to build it back up again to watch it pissed away again to another run like this. The run where even quads wont win you a hand. (I've lost with quads twice in the last week to better quads)

In the last two weeks I've lost with every hand from straight flush down.

And just then...little Timmy vowed to never ever again practice poor bankroll management .

THE END

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

jme2010 wrote: »
    And just then...little Timmy vowed to never ever again practice poor bankroll management .

THE END

Harsh, but fair.

http://www.bestofrakeback.com/eng/poker-articles/poker-help-tips/poker-bankroll-management

Have a read of that OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭sin_city

Bankroll, exactly.

You'd never have built up the big bankroll if it wasn't for guys like they guy that hit running 6s.

Bad players hit every now and again.

It's your job to make sure you are only risking a small percentage of your bankroll when you play so that any given bad beat won't have a meaningful hit on you.

The most you should have been risking is 2.5% of your bankroll.

Advertisement