Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Next payday?

• 16-12-2012 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if secondary teachers are getting paid again this coming Thursday - 20th - or is it Thursday week - 27th?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Christmas eve for secondary teachers according to payroll. Why they didn't think to inform us of this I don't know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Thanks. Nothing even on the two unions' sites.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

VECs will have their own dates, so I doubt TUI would put anything on their website.
    There was a notice up in our staff room with all the various dates from our VEC for part-timers, PWTs etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭roxychix

any idea if it is this thursday that would be great:) but wouldnt be that lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭2011abc

That has been the pattern in previous years but who knows -if it saves them a few euro they might stop the consecutive weeks before Christmas idea.They did away with the TINY(like £20-30?) Christmas 'bonus' secondary teachers in CBS schools got ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Fairly sure our vec ain't paying early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I have to say our VEC made it very clear when payments would be, so no complaints here.

This link may be of interest to some of the secondary teachers here:

http://www.asti.ie/news/latest-news/news-article/article/christmas-salary-payments-important-information//back_to/asti-home/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

last year it was this thursday (one week early) so it who knows what is going to happen this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

This Thursday for City of Dublin VEC, AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Chilli Con Kearney

Rang the dept about this yesterday. Secondary teachers are being paid on Christmas Eve they say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

I got paid today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Moody_mona wrote: »
    I got paid today :)

Me too! Was a nice surprise :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

So did I! Gonna be a long haul to our next pay day though (I think). About 2.5 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ed3

hey I got payed last Friday with this SLE EFT Payment A/ listed on my bank account....I also got a payslip (not the normal one!) from the dept of education....it said for part time hours and didnt list any of the numerous deductions on it and it was for half my normal amount i get payed

I'm covering sick leave at the moment but was getting payed normally up till then...was expecting two weeks pay to be honest :(

anyone got any idea what this is?!? and if I will get anything in 2 weeks time as im not payed over the holidays but was left without a weeks pay !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

You should have gotten four days pay, no? It's all on the ASTI website. Are you casual on non-casual? The remaining six days will be paid on January 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jmon90

Im teaching in a maternity post, 10 hrs a week, and top the rest up normally with sub work.

Have three full weeks the last three weeks before christmas. Last got paid on the 13th of Dec, so im owed three weeks, expected two of them on either the 24th or 27th of Dec, Not a thing. Nothing so far. Rang the payroll dept, got a voicemail, left a message.

Rang back whilst I was on another call to tell me that there was a change in dates and that my pay wouldnt be processed now until the 10th of January. I dont know if there was a problem with the school missing the deadline, never happened before, or with the departments communication. I suspect the latter. I rang back to speak to the person again only to be told that there was nobody in that section today, even though they had just left me a voicemail.

Long and short of it is I havent a bob now, wont have until the 10th of January, have direct debits bouncing all around the place incurring fees, and am now going to have three weeks coming on the 10th of Jan to get taxed to pieces.

Happy New Year. Its a mighty place to live. Cant get a job, and cant get paid when you do.

Terminal 2 here I come.

Advertisement