Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neck piercing - implants?

Options
  • 16-12-2012 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭

Hey all

I got the back of my neck pierced years ago. It lasted about a year, but I was having constant problems with getting a little bump in the middle and it wouldn't settle. I had to take it out, but got it re-done about eight months ago 'cause I missed it so much!

I'm starting to have the same problem again though. I think it's just that it keeps getting caught in scarves and necklaces and that's what's causing the issues.

I was told last time that the only way to get it to settle would be to get implants. I don't really know much about implants, but they seem a bit more permanent and I wonder if I'll still have problems with them catching on things and getting sore.

Has anybody got the implants and have any advice? Or, has anybody had similar problems with a neck piercing and managed to get around it? I really like this piercing and would hate to take it out altogether.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I have a dermal in the middle of my neck tattoo, it can act up just like a normal piercing, it can stil reject, yes it is more permanent and alot harder to take out.

A nape piercing/implant job is something your body can or cannot handle imho and yours seems to say no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

You can get lucky with neck piercings, the odd time they'll last. I've known people to only get a few months from them, implants too, but I've gotten over 2 years out of mine. Tbh you'll have the same chances of rejection with implants as a piercing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Thanks guys. Yeah, if I thought I was going to have the same problems with the implants, I wouldn't risk it. I might just try and be very careful not to catch this one on anything and see how I get on. I don't think it's rejecting per se; it just doesn't like getting snagged on things.

Chillax Piglet btw. I'm not asking if I should get implants in your neck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Hey all

I got the back of my neck pierced years ago. It lasted about a year, but I was having constant problems with getting a little bump in the middle and it wouldn't settle. I had to take it out, but got it re-done about eight months ago 'cause I missed it so much!

I'm starting to have the same problem again though. I think it's just that it keeps getting caught in scarves and necklaces and that's what's causing the issues.

I was told last time that the only way to get it to settle would be to get implants. I don't really know much about implants, but they seem a bit more permanent and I wonder if I'll still have problems with them catching on things and getting sore.

Has anybody got the implants and have any advice? Or, has anybody had similar problems with a neck piercing and managed to get around it? I really like this piercing and would hate to take it out altogether.

Thanks!

I had two implants in the back of my neck then got a tattoo between them then a few weeks later they started to get that "bump" your talking about, it was the start of them rejecting so I went to my piercer and he took them out (wasnt painful and way easier than I thought it was going to be) However now I am left with two bump like scars on the back of my neck. Eveyone that I have spoken to that has gotten implants or surface piercings even, most have rejected. In my opinion I wouldnt waste my time or money with them again. They used to get caught on everything too!

Advertisement