Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name change post subscription

Options
  • 16-12-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've just bought a subscription but I don't see he option in my user CP to change my username. In searching for info I've foun a thread on subscribing but I don't seem to have permissions to access it

Can someone point me to where I can change my username now that I have a subscription?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You do not get to change your name yourself. You must post a username change request in the appropriate thread in the subscribers forum HERE.

Name changes are only processed before 10am on any given day.

As for your inability to access the subscribers forum. Are you sure the subscription went through. Normally a subscriber is identified by 4 pink/red stars. You are still showing as 3 normal stars which indicates a regular member/user of the site.

Check that the subscription went through first.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

If you want to show off your 4 red stars, you have to go and get them yourself!

All you need to do is click on your User CP and look to the left for the "Networking" box. Click on "Group Memberships".

Place the dot in the "Identify me as a member of this group" for the "Subscribers" User Group, and then click "Update Display Group".

Beware that there is a known bug when changing Group Memberships. When you change, you'll notice that all the forums you have chosen to 'Follow' will no longer appear in your "My Forums" list, and you'll have to manually go and 'Follow' them one by one all over again. I'm not sure if it has been fixed yet but if it happens, then you'll know it's a bug we're aware of and still working on a solution.

-Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Shield wrote: »
    Beware that there is a known bug when changing Group Memberships. When you change, you'll notice that all the forums you have chosen to 'Follow' will no longer appear in your "My Forums" list, and you'll have to manually go and 'Follow' them one by one all over again. I'm not sure if it has been fixed yet but if it happens, then you'll know it's a bug we're aware of and still working on a solution.

We do? That one must have slipped through the cracks. I'll file a bug report for it now

Danny

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

It's likely that it was at the bottom of the pile of things to fix, and it probably just fell into the shredder during the changing of the guard.

Perhaps the OP can let us know if it does happen when he gets his new stars?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Shield wrote: »

Perhaps the OP can let us know if it does happen when he gets his new stars?

Nope, no trouble for me like that

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement