Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle east-Primary teacher/au pair??

Options
  • 16-12-2012 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi,myself and wife are primary teachers with 14 years experience between us. we've considered teaching in middle east but i'm just wondering if there is such thing as a private home school teacher/au pair for any of families? Are there wealthy families who'd hire english teachers to teach their children/take care of their children through english? Anyone any experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Karlrove wrote: »
    Hi,myself and wife are primary teachers with 14 years experience between us. we've considered teaching in middle east but i'm just wondering if there is such thing as a private home school teacher/au pair for any of families? Are there wealthy families who'd hire english teachers to teach their children/take care of their children through english? Anyone any experience of this?

Maybe try the International Schools, thats were all the loaded workers for the Oil Companies send their kids (Usually part of their contract)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

I doubt it. If the wealthy choose private education, they tend to send their kids abroad. The vast majority of au pairs are Philipinos, and the vasy majority of private tutors are from less wealthy nations of the Middle East- Jordan, Egypt etc. And their pay is pretty miserable. Your best bet would be to apply to private schools, or better still for a position with the Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC). They're recruiting a load of Western teachers (like moi!), the terms and conditions are good, and the pay excellent and tax free.

Advertisement