Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soooooo much lag since new DLC/patch

Options
  • 16-12-2012 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey folks, so I wonder does anyone else feel like latency issues are way worse since patch and new aftermath DLC ?

Lately I cant have a full game without some sort of crap lag, glitch character animations, hit detections fail, and I can't seem to get the drop on anyone lately. I mean, Im a good player, have been since the game released but as of lately if i get into a situation like turn a corner to find the enemy right in front of me, pull the trigger before he fires and most of the time I get creamed.

Its not my internet connection for sure, I have a good gaming rig too.
    Im convinced of it at this rate, and its beginning to ruin the game completely for me. I browsed some of the forums on battlelog and it seems many people have the same complaints as me.....

What do people feel ? Do ya's agree ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

The most general lag fix for BF3 was to disable UPNP on your router so check that again if you disabled it in the past (you may have reset your router to factory defaults?). The new DLC may have reset your graphics settings or may even be pushing your PC over the limit of what's acceptable so try lowering the graphics settings and doing a repair install on the game through Origin. I dont know anyone who noticed any big lag problems since the patch other than the usual odd server having more lag than others

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

A patch in and of itself shouldn't cause any lag issues. Lag is almost exclusively caused by network performance and connection to the servers you need to access.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I am one also who is suffering from latency issues since the patch. Quite frustrating. Pity, as it's a good expansion too

Advertisement