Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad or sumsung tablet

Options
  • 16-12-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi,

Im sure this has been asked before but was wondering which would be better for a Xmas present to herself. I'm pretty computer illiterate hence the question. There seems a big difference in price. Is the Samsung more user friendly ie no iTunes etc.

I'd appreciate any replies & Ta in advance

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dubchick81

Am interested to see the replies to this as I'm pretty dumb when it comes to the tech stuff also and thinking of getting my BF either/or for his birthday... I have been told the Samsung tablet has a better processor but the iPad is better advertised and more common which is why its more expensive..
    I do know if you'r GF wanted to stream from it to her TV with the iPad its not possible as it doesn't have a sufficient media player.. altho one can be downloaded so no major issues..
    As for iTunes, altho its already on an iPad, its only an app so I assume it can be downloaded to the samsung tablet too?! Maybe someone more in the know can clarify that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bu33les

The girlfriend will think you dont love her if you dont get her the ipad.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Your gf probably wants the ipad rather than a Samsung android tablet.
    Girls like Apple products and if she already has an iphone you should go with that, as the phone and pad can integrate/share info easily. Ipad has a better battery life.

BUT, the samsung tablet can do everything the ipad can, and more.

I suggest you have a look at some comparative videos on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BG8A5shlP0
    and also consider what it'll be used for.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Bu33les wrote: »
    The girlfriend will think you dont love her if you dont get her the ipad.

Mod: Any more unhelpful advice and infractions will be given out.

Advertisement