Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health & Performance Science UCD vs Athletic Therapy & Training DCU

Options
  • 16-12-2012 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi

I would really appreciate if anyone studying either of these courses could let me know the differences between them. I have read up all the college information but I am still undecided which to put first on my CAO. Information about job prospects would help too of course.

Thanks a mill.

Comments

chowder123 wrote: »
    I would really appreciate if anyone studying either of these courses could let me know the differences between them.
    Thanks a mill.

I think you can see your problem right there. No one will be able to answer that as no one has done both courses (probably). All you will get is people who did the course in UCD giving their opinion, and likewise in DCU.

Is there anything in particular you are hoping to learn or achieve from either course? Perhaps being a bit more specific in what you hope to get from the course will help in us giving you a guiding hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 chowder123

Thanks Aristotle.

Ultimately I would like to work as a sports therapist/physiotherapist. The points are slightly higher for the ATT course. If anyone is doing either course I would really appreciate any information they can offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ChloChlo

Hey. chowder123 I am currently in my second year in sport science and health. Most of our lectures in first year were shared with Athletic therapy and training. The only difference was that the lectures/modules we shared were the more difficult ones, the content of their course is harder than ours, at least in first year anyway. I know it can be very difficult to decide on a course when doing the leaving, I would recommend that you contact Dr.Giles Warrington he is the course coordinater for Athletic therapy and sport science, hes lovely and I'm sure he'd be more than willing to help you out. His info is on the DCU web sites for the 2 courses. If you had time you could come to DCU and sit in on lectures, its not like secondary school where they take a role. Our course, is very similar to ATT. most of the people on my course had ATT as their first choice but didn't get the points, so they will probably go on to do a masters degree. I am going to do a M.sc in Dietetics. the course content in my opinion is fantastic, fun but challenging enough to keep you interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 chowder123

Thanks ChloChlo. That's very helpful and interesting. I am still undecided but all information is appreciated. Might try and drop into the DCU class some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MrPotatoMan245

I am literally in the exact same position as Chowder123 was back in 2012 right now. Same career interest and I am working on my CAO application. Is that Health & Performance Science course in UCD any good to becoming a sports therapist? I am not sure which courses to put down in order for my CAO application out of ATT in DCU, ATT in AIT, Health & Performance Science and Sports Science & Health. Also if someone can suggest alternative pathways to a sports therapist that would be appreciated. I know that this thread is old but help would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement