Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broken iPhone 4S screen

• 16-12-2012 4:05pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any recommendations to get a screen fixed in the D16/D18/Dun Laoghaire area?

What would a rough cost be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

If your anyway handy... you could replace the screen yourself

http://www.syncron.ie/category_s/58.htm?searching=Y&sort=7&cat=58&show=15&page=1

You will find plenty of youtube videos to assist as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Looked at YouTube/service kits but would rather let a professional do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

I got quoted €100 for front and back screens in blanch shopping center....20 minute job

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Place out in ballymount quoting €60. Fixiy.ie

godtabh wrote: »
    Place out in ballymount quoting €60. Fixiy.ie

do they use the apple screens or chinese copys,if so you be paying another 60 next time you drop it

• Advertisement

Wils110 wrote: »
    do they use the apple screens or chinese copys,if so you be paying another 60 next time you drop it

Not sure. Havent spoken to them yet.

Again any recommendations

From there website:

Who provides FIXIY with replacement screens and is the quality guaranteed?
    Our replacement parts are supplied by the same manufacturers of your Device and their quality is guaranteed and backed up by our 12 Month Warranty.

`good deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

€60 seems fair, here as well: http://www.syncron.ie/category_s/131.htm

Went to FIXIY on Monday. I wife had her phone sorted in about 20 minutes. Would highly recommend.

She asked about the screen. They said Apple dont sell parts but that the only source high quality components.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 TedC

godtabh wrote: »
    Went to FIXIY on Monday. I wife had her phone sorted in about 20 minutes. Would highly recommend.

She asked about the screen. They said Apple dont sell parts but that the only source high quality components.
    I had a couple of bad experiences with the cowboys called FIXIY, Firstly about a year ago I went for their fix it yourself option when my iPhone got water damaged. They assured me it was very straight forward procedure to do with the instructions they provide and the phone support that would be available. Neither were............... I eventually had to bring the phone back to them for their technicians to repair which doubled the price as they started to find other problems that only they could fix.

I stupidly dropped my phone back into them recently when my screen was damaged in work. The phone was still working and I could still take calls but the screen and display was FUBAR. They took my phone in and said it would be €90 to repair. I was shocked when I dropped back in 3 DAYS later to be told they had to wipe everything off the phone to get it back working. I questioned this and was told the phone wouldn't turn back on and need to be wiped to reboot it and the data was gone anyway so the reboot was the best option. I agreed and awaited a call to pick up my phone.

The call eventually came to say the phone was beyond repair. I even had to argue the point that should receive a refund as my phone was not repaired. After a stand off they begrudgingly gave me a refund.

I then brought my so called un-repairable phone up to another place called Max Burns on the Belgard road for a second opinion and low and behold my phone is working perfectly now and all my data was easily recovered.

BUNCH OF FECKIN COWBOYS TED...............

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TedC

TedC wrote: »
    I had a couple of bad experiences with the cowboys called FIXIY, Firstly about a year ago I went for their fix it yourself option when my iPhone got water damaged. They assured me it was very straight forward procedure to do with the instructions they provide and the phone support that would be available. Neither were............... I eventually had to bring the phone back to them for their
    technicians to repair which doubled the price as they started to find other problems that only they could fix.

I stupidly dropped my phone back into them recently when my screen was damaged in work. The phone was still working and I could still take calls but the screen and display was FUBAR. They took my phone in and said it would be €90 to repair. I was shocked when I dropped back in 3 DAYS later to be told they had to wipe everything off the phone to get it back working. I questioned this and was told the phone wouldn't turn back on and need to be wiped to reboot it and the data was gone anyway so the reboot was the best option. I agreed and awaited a call to pick up my phone.

The call eventually came to say the phone was beyond repair. I even had to argue the point that should receive a refund as my phone was not repaired. After a stand off they begrudgingly gave me a refund.

I then brought my so called un-repairable phone up to another place called Max Burns on the Belgard road for a second opinion and low and behold my phone is working perfectly now and all my data was easily recovered.

BUNCH OF FECKIN COWBOYS TED...............

I would like to retract my above statement, after I posted it I was contacted by FIXIY and a very nice gentleman apologised for the service I received. As a way of compensation he offered to repair another device free of charge to prove the quality of service they provide.

I dropped an iPhone 5 down to them recently that had a shattered screen, I collected it the next day and it was as good as new.

I must tip my hat to FIXIY as in this day and age customer service is usually non existent in companies. They could have just ignored the post but they went above and beyond to make amends!!!

They have converted me to a loyal customer who will definitely return and I will recommend them to friends and family!

Advertisement