Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone5 flash bouncing off case

• 16-12-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

I got an iPhone 5 yesterday. Started messing with it and got worried when all the photos I took with the flash came out very poorly. All washed out.

Turns out it's the case (a leather wallet type). It appears it doesn't give enough clearance from the flash.

Am a bit miffed at this.

Got it in the emobile store where I got the phone.

Any advice here - is this an issue with these types of cases full stop?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

There are a million wallet type cases... which one ? Inevitably some are poorly designed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Piliger wrote: »
    There are a million wallet type cases... which one ? Inevitably some are poorly designed :(

No logo/company on it and they didn't put the packaging in the bag.

This is pissing me off big style.

It's weird though - are there different kinds of flashes?

There is no 'white out' if the flash is used taking a photo of something close. But it's very noticeable when the flash is used at something further away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It's pretty much a case of stop using the flash or return the case. The cut out simply doesn't have enough clearance for the flash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Is the case specifically for the iPhone 5 and not a 4s? The "flash" on the 5 is further away from the camera than on the 4 or 4s.

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I have seen this before with white leather flip cases, funnily enough, if you put a black case on the iPhone the pictures turn out perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

It's a black wallet/flip case. Definitely for iphone 5 (the plastic 'holder' in the case is a perfect fit for the 5).

Seriously miffed. Don't really have time for lugging myself back into town again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah some cases are known for this, I've had it myself with leather and also silicone cases. But since the camera is quite light sensitive I just turned flash off and got good pics anyway.

The case hole is too small and the flash reflects of the edges of the hole and interferes. You can widen the hole with a punch at a leather shop or try returning it. Do you still have the receipt?
    Ring the shop and complain, maybe they'll let you change it after new years or whenever you're town again.

Advertisement