Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Capture issues

Options
  • 16-12-2012 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi everybody, I have some stuff on the sky+ box that I'd like to keep so have been trying to transfer it to hard drive. I have an ADS Video tech Video Xpress, but doesn't like my Windows 7 machine (even with driver signing off) :( So I saw this http://www.teknihall.be/index.php?id=1240&L=0 for sale at Aldi today and picked it up but I'm having an issue that when I try to use the supplied ArcSoft ShowBiz software, a blank ActiveMovie Popup window appears and then when I try to select the Video grabber capture device, I recieve a message saying that "The device is not available, or being used by another application. Please close any applications that may be using the device and try again." Closing the ActiveMovie window and then trying to select the capture card again yields the same message.. :( (get the same device being used message with windows movie maker too)

I've emailed the tech support address supplied with the above description and I'm waiting to hear back..

Having googled various different terms related to it, it seems it is some sort of directshow issue that causes the ActiveMovie window to appear (something I have no idea of how to deal with..) I have managed to get pictures from the device with VLC but no sound input associated with the device seems to show up for it :/

Anyway if anyone can help, that would be great :)
    Cheers,
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭bf1

Tech Support got back to me:

Dear, blank :(
    You have to start up your pc and make sure that there are no other programmes starting in the background.

Not very helpful :(
    I'm going to have to reiterate to them that I have no idea how to stop the ActiveMovie window is popping up..

Does anyone here have any ideas on how to stop it??

Advertisement