Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social worker wants social care degree

Options
  • 16-12-2012 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Here is my story,

Im a mature student and soon I will have a four year degree in social work which Im doing in Trinity. I qualify in May. I will have a degree in social sceince and and a qualification to work as a social worker.

I also have a Fetac Level 5 in Social Studies and a Fetac Level 5 in a Liberal Arts Course.

I want to get a social care qualification but would not like to do another three or four years.

My question is, can I do a top up with my current qualifications to get a social care qualification without haing to do another 3 or 4 years ? What do I need to do to get a social care qualification ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

byrnem31 wrote: »
    Here is my story,

Im a mature student and soon I will have a four year degree in social work which Im doing in Trinity. I qualify in May. I will have a degree in social sceince and and a qualification to work as a social worker.

I also have a Fetac Level 5 in Social Studies and a Fetac Level 5 in a Liberal Arts Course.

I want to get a social care qualification but would not like to do another three or four years.

My question is, can I do a top up with my current qualifications to get a social care qualification without haing to do another 3 or 4 years ? What do I need to do to get a social care qualification ?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

To be honest the best thing to do might be to speak to the colleges running Social Care degrees. Its likely given that you will have the SW degree that you would qualify for advanced entry to an undergrad degree or that you may be eligible for a post grad in Social Care. But ideally speak directly to the schools of social care in the colleges.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 The.Russian.one

With your qualification as a Social Worker you CAN indeed work as a Social Care Worker too!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

With your qualification as a Social Worker you CAN indeed work as a Social Care Worker too!

Yeah I know but they are starting to clamp down on it recently. Also, registration will be coming in soon for social care workers just as it had done for social workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 The.Russian.one

If you are already registered with CORU as a Social Worker you CAN work as a Social Care worker (practicioner) as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement