Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast or Slow Ferry Holyhead-Dublin on Thurs ?

Options
  • 16-12-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hey,

Bringing a car back from Holyhead on Thursday afternoon/evening.

Should I book the fast ferry or the slow one ?

The 17:15 fast ferry would suit me best as it will give me more time in the uk on Thursday. Just wondering how likely is it that it could be cancelled due to weather ?

The other option is the 14:10 slow ferry but that will leave me tight on time at the other side.

Thanks folks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,214 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My own advise would be to try and make the 14.10. The time of year that is in it who knows what the weather will bring. Also it may not be a good time of year to be stuck in the hell hole that is Holyhead trying to get rebooked for the next slow ferry that is over 9 hours later than the 17.10 swift @ 2.40am getting into Dublin @ 05.55am. One hell of a long day (and night). And I speak from experience !

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Strumms wrote: »
    My own advise would be to try and make the 14.10. The time of year that is in it who knows what the weather will bring. Also it may not be a good time of year to be stuck in the hell hole that is Holyhead trying to get rebooked for the next slow ferry that is over 9 hours later than the 17.10 swift @ 2.40am getting into Dublin @ 05.55am. One hell of a long day (and night). And I speak from experience !

+ 1

Advertisement