Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Taxi Newlands Cross to Dublin Airport

Options
  • 16-12-2012 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hey,

Who knows what taxi company would be the cheapest to get me from Bewleys Newlands Cross to Dublin Airport picking up at 05:10 on Thursday morning ?

Any Taxi Companies doing offers ?

Thanks folks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

ASAP Taxis based in Ballyfermot.
    01 623 3333

20% off all fares

Or they do fixed fares to the airport
    I know it's 25 from Ballyfermot

Haggle for a rate before you take the taxi if you want

You'd want to book this the night before though, it's a small operation with 35 drivers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

Did you haggle for your air ticket ??or just pay the price as requested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Firms that offer fixed fares invite haggling

And Kathleen Doyle told us to :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 vf949

oisindoyle wrote: »

No I didn't haggle but I went with the airline with the best price for the destination that I'm going to.

Do you normally use the most expensive supplier/product on the market ?

Never said I was going to haggle for the price of anything..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Airlines don't charge the maximum fate 90-something-percent of the time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

018202020 do 25% off airport calls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Just curious, but how do the taxi companies that do the discounts manage with the receipts? Can they programme a discount into the meter or just accept 80% of what's on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Just curious, but how do the taxi companies that do the discounts manage with the receipts? Can they programme a discount into the meter or just accept 80% of what's on it?

Very valid question.
    The law states that any agreed fare (and a discounted fare is exactly that) both parties must sign a waiver form ,
    You will find that this doesnt happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Very valid question.
    The law states that any agreed fare (and a discounted fare is exactly that) both parties must sign a waiver form ,
    You will find that this doesnt happen!

Actually I think that's if you wish to pay a flat rate without the use of the meter, there is no particular law that states the driver has to charge whats shown on the meter, however, there is a law that the meter must be on unless a waiver form is signed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Actually I think that's if you wish to pay a flat rate without the use of the meter, there is no particular law that states the driver has to charge whats shown on the meter, however, there is a law that the meter must be on unless a waiver form is signed.

Yup, the meter is the "maximum" fare, the driver can opt to charge a lower fare then the meter if he or she likes.

However the meter must always be on, with the exception of where both parties have agreed a fixed fare in advance, in which case a waiver form must be signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

How can a driver declare valid income of only €160, when he gave 20% off, but the meter says he earned €200.
    Or do you not have to declare what's on the meter?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

The meters sole purpose is to calculate the fare and there is no obligation to provide meter printouts to revenue as yet.

Advertisement