Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Usage, Network plugs

• 16-12-2012 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I have allowance of 40 gig a month with Vodafone at home, Last three years going fine, but last month I used 69 gig.

Only thing that has changed is that I have started to use network home plugs. do these consume more data especially my upload figures, they have gone through the roof, this month already is up at 17gig

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

shamcfc wrote: »
    I have allowance of 40 gig a month with Vodafone at home, Last three years going fine, but last month I used 69 gig.

Only thing that has changed is that I have started to use network home plugs. do these consume more data especially my upload figures, they have gone through the roof, this month already is up at 17gig
    Nope
    Are you downloading torrent files??

Check all devices connected yo your router for malware..could be something transmitting data from a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭shamcfc

Nope
    Are you downloading torrent files??

Check all devices connected yo your router for malware..could be something transmitting data from a PC.

Cheers,thats good taught maybe it was something to do with the pluggs

only downloaded two 1g files this month, and have utorrent turned off incase it was uploading lots of data,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Utorrent uploads a metric shyte-tonne of data. If you leave torrents seeding over night for example and don't have any limit caps in place, you will be in for a shock.

Advertisement