Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone see The Hobbit in 3D in the Odeon ?, only 1 in 25 cinemas can show it properly

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

48fps will also reduce some of the light loss associated with 3d, making it clearer.
    Peter jackson likened it to not watching a screen but looking through a window where the screen should be.
    Personally I don't like the old 3d format as it makes the films too dark and usually adds nothing to the film, but I would love to see this new 48fps to see what it brings to the expierence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

SUNGOD wrote: »
    48fps will also reduce some of the light loss associated with 3d, making it clearer.
    Peter jackson likened it to not watching a screen but looking through a window where the screen should be.
    Personally I don't like the old 3d format as it makes the films too dark and usually adds nothing to the film, but I would love to see this new 48fps to see what it brings to the expierence.
    I saw the film last Wednesday.

Although the film itself was good, it just seemed unnaturally smooth. Maybe i'm just not used to it but at times it looked like I was watching someone play a game on Youtube rather than a film.
    The scene with all fourteen of them running through escaping from the goblins in the misty mountains is a perfect example of that. Especially when they rolled a boulder and chased it down a platform. You could have mistaken it for LittleBigPlanet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ilikeyourcow

Saw it in Dungarvan cinema and it was class!! It took a bit of getting used to but was worth the spin down :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Saw it last night in 3D
    Great film but the 3D added nothing to it.
    If your going to see it for the first time, see it in 2D IMO

Advertisement