Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Darksiders 2 costs more than the darksiders franchise pack with ds2 and 1 and all the dlc. Funny :D

Still cheaper on amazon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Orcs must die franchise and Torchlight 2 bought....

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Got a few tom clancy games, Splinter cell chaos theory, SC convictions and Hawx 1 all 2.50 each :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tempted to grab a splinter cell game, havent played any since the very first game way back.
    Any suggestion on which to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Dcully wrote: »
    Tempted to grab a splinter cell game, havent played any since the very first game way back.
    Any suggestion on which to get?

Haven't played them in a long time myself but chaos theory is supposed to be the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sim City 4, any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TheZestyLemon

Is the Darksiders franchise good?

Does it have a good atmosphere? Do you get immersed in the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

After a muck up last time finally got Shogun 2

Yay

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

Is the Darksiders franchise good?

Does it have a good atmosphere? Do you get immersed in the story?

Yes and yes. Plays like a combo of zelda/god of war

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Darksiders 1 was a superb game. loved every minute of it

Got to play the 2nd one sometime

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

ED E wrote: »
    Sim City 4, any use?

god yes, great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TheZestyLemon

Also, I was off my PC so I missed a few flash sales. What did I miss out on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Limericks wrote: »
    Darksiders 2 costs more than the darksiders franchise pack with ds2 and 1 and all the dlc. Funny :D

Still cheaper on amazon though.

Wouldn't steam be the way to go if you didn't have darksiders 1 or 2 or are you saying it'd be cheaper to buy darksiders 1 and 2 and all the dlc off amazon?
    If so then point me in the direction of the amazon site you're looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Wouldn't steam be the way to go if you didn't have darksiders 1 or 2 or are you saying it'd be cheaper to buy darksiders 1 and 2 and all the dlc off amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00APOVDDY?tag=dealzon-20

You'll need to use a US address.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Darksiders on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00APOVDDY

I got it before the francise went down so low on Steam, but still cheaper to get through amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Thanks though that could be a problem as I don't have a US address.
    I wouldn't want to fake one either incase I got found out.
    Does it not work if you're from Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Thanks though that could be a problem as I don't have a US address.
    I wouldn't want to fake one either incase I got found out.
    Does it not work if you're from Ireland?

Found out? What do you think anyone could do about it?

Maybe they'll go looking for you at your fake address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Why is FM 2013 37 euro on the Irish store and 22 pounds on the UK version. What possible reason is there to price a digital download differently by county?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Downlinz wrote: »
    Why is FM 2013 37 euro on the Irish store and 22 pounds on the UK version. What possible reason is there to price a digital download differently by county?

VAT or similar? But that seems a huge difference for a few percent, even combined with exchange rates

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18778/

THQ collection.

It was 50 quid. They've now reduced it further to 25 quid. Am i reading this right? It seems way too good to be true.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18778/

THQ collection.

It was 50 quid. They've now reduced it further to 25 quid. Am i reading this right? It seems way too good to be true.

I have all the humble thq bundle stuff, but this still might be good value despite that... Is it possible to gift the bits I already have to others if I buy that package?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Am I missing something when I see the STALKER bundle being nearly twice the price of buying the 2 games separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

LuvSpudz wrote: »
    I have all the humble thq bundle stuff, but this still might be good value despite that... Is it possible to gift the bits I already have to others if I buy that package?

You need to look at the extra copies info - add to your cart and you will get the link.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

LuvSpudz wrote: »

No extra copies I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

Creature wrote: »
    I have a giftable copy of HL2 if you want it?

id love a copy of hl2 if thats an open offer and you have it to spare :) - i never had it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

id love a copy of hl2 if thats an open offer and you have it to spare :) - i never had it.....

Really good game and download the Black Mesa Mod for it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just bought Darksiders even though ive yet to finish Darksiders 2, some people tell me 1 is the better game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Dcully wrote: »
    Just bought Darksiders even though ive yet to finish Darksiders 2, some people tell me 1 is the better game?

I am a few hours into the second one and the first one is better. Now saying that the second one is a fantastic game also but so far the first is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Darksiders on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00APOVDDY

I got it before the francise went down so low on Steam, but still cheaper to get through amazon.

i got my son to copy and paste all the keys into steam.

1st world laziness :(

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Am I missing something when I see the STALKER bundle being nearly twice the price of buying the 2 games separately?
    Not the only one I've seen: The divine anthology is 14.99 when you can buy the individual games for 14.97. Not a big difference but be aware to research the prices before you click!

Advertisement