Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

PayPal transfer completed, €100 Steam Wallet acquired.

No games yet, just a crap-ton of TF2 stuff for now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Going by Twitter the Bethesda deal was a pricing error.

But if you managed to get your order in they will honor the price.

I managed to get a Purchase order even though I never paid :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

blobby360 wrote: »
    Going by Twitter the Bethesda deal was a pricing error.

But if you managed to get your order in they will honor the price.

I managed to get a Purchase order even though I never paid :confused:

I can't see anything on their twitter that says it's an error. Saying that, they are advertising a load of deals on their twitter and this isn't one so it may be an error. Someone on reddit said they seen New Years deal or something so it's possible it was released early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

Would everyone else kindly fúck off away from gamersgate for 5 mins? Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

I've just got through the paypal stage. Got the email confirming payment was taken too. Hopefully that's it sorted, because I can't get back onto the site :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

taytothief wrote: »
    Would everyone else kindly fúck off away from gamersgate for 5 mins? Cheers.

Just go on to reddit and tell them to stop for 5 minutes. You'll then buy 10,000 copies and sell them on at cost price. Getting the €260,000 will probably be the easy bit.

I've just got through the paypal stage. Got the email confirming payment was taken too. Hopefully that's it sorted, because I can't get back onto the site :)

At least someone is having some joy I suppose.

Email from paypal or gamersgate. If it's paypal then you're sorted. If it's gamersgate then maybe not. Loads of people have received emails from them without entering paypal details.

Paypal thankfully.

Paypal thankfully.

Nice one. Congrats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Email from paypal or gamersgate. If it's paypal then you're sorted. If it's gamersgate then maybe not. Loads of people have received emails from them without entering paypal details.

Same as myself.

To be honest I only really want Dishonored. But all those other Games are just to good of bonuses to pass up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Headshot wrote: »
    I presume you can pick and choose what you want to download?

Yes. You buy the bundle and you get individual codes for each game so you can give some away if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Can't get into gamers gate at all

Yes. You buy the bundle and you get individual codes for each game so you can give some away if you want.

I blame the lack of sleep for not reading AlmightyCushion op right

My index finger us starting to hurt from all the refreshing I'm doing trying to get the page to load.

screw this, its near impossible now

Mine just went through! :D Yay! It can be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

26....26 bloody games. How the hell did I end up buying that many?

Damn you Steam!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

You don't need to re-download them. You can copy/paste the game folder contents to the same directory on the other drive. Then 'delete local content' for the game in Steam and click the 'Install' button again. It will find the files in the new folder and be ready to play in 10 seconds.

Thanks but I had steam installed on my 128GB SSD previously (where space is at a premium) so I usually only DL one or two at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

Guys did i miss morrowind on sale on steam?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

You should get splinter cell chaos theory at 2.50 its too good to miss if your not able to run hi spec

Intel HD 4000 is not as slow as you think.

The likes of Skyrim can be played at medium settings around 30fps. The only games it really struggles on is Battlefield 3 and Assassin's Creed 3. Everything else should be playable on medium-low settings and at a decent resolution too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Guys did i miss morrowind on sale on steam?
    Don't think it's been on a normal/flash sale yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Wow Sims 3 is on a flash sale for 66% off. Ive never even seen it on sale before. It still sells for like 30-40 quid in shops.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Wow Sims 3 is on a flash sale for 66% off. Ive never even seen it on sale before. It still sells for like 30-40 quid in shops.

Because it sells exceptionally well. The expansion plus Showtime seems like a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

Do stuff on "flash deals" normally end up going cheaper on "daily deals" later on in the sale?

Came across this great website that runs a diagnostic of your computer and checks it against the system requirements of games, if anyone is interested?

Might come in useful for anyone like me, who isn't sure what games will run on their machine.

Just logged onto gamersgate and I've got the games but they have ran out some of the keys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Intel HD 4000 is not as slow as you think.

The likes of Skyrim can be played at medium settings around 30fps. The only games it really struggles on is Battlefield 3 and Assassin's Creed 3. Everything else should be playable on medium-low settings and at a decent resolution too.

Do you think it would run arma 2 CO?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Do stuff on "flash deals" normally end up going cheaper on "daily deals" later on in the sale?

Short answer, no.

Chances are most of the stuff on flash sales won't appear on daily deals anyway.

• Advertisement

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Short answer, no.

Chances are most of the stuff on flash sales won't appear on daily deals anyway.
    In the summer sale they were repeated as daily sales a lot(if not always)

Advertisement