Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

In the summer sale they were repeated as daily sales a lot(if not always)

Fair enough, didn't think they were for the most part.

Doesn't really matter though, the stuff on flash sales won't be any cheaper on daily deal even if it does show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Came across this great website that runs a diagnostic of your computer and checks it against the system requirements of games, if anyone is interested?

Might come in useful for anyone like me, who isn't sure what games will run on their machine.
    I'm the same as you when it comes to system requirments and not being sure, but that site is regularly inaccurate. It told me I won't be able to play Hitman Absolution even on the recommended settings, but I got it anyway after comparing my spec and seeing it should work. Currently running it on highest settings without fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

You guys are saying GamersGate are out of keys in the Bethesda deal. But will people still get them when there back in Stock ?

I'm just wondering because It's letting me get the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Do you think it would run arma 2 CO?

I doubt it, Arma 2 is a very demanding game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Dark Souls for approx €14. Know next to nothing about it other than that it's usually lauded as a difficult RPG. Should I get it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

blobby360 wrote: »
    You guys are saying GamersGate are out of keys in the Bethesda deal. But will people still get them when there back in Stock ?

I'm just wondering because It's letting me get the deal.

Says on the website that anyone that hasn't received the keys, it could be mid January before they'll have them in stock.

I missed it, website wouldn't load, and now price has gone up to €289. Booo.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Do you think it would run arma 2 CO?

Arma 2 is more CPU intensive than GPU intensive. If you have an i5 with the Intel HD 4000, you're good to go on low settings I reckon.

Here's a vid of it running on an i7 with an Intel HD 4000 on low-medium. GPU runs a bit slower on the i5 CPU but still should manage low quite easily.

For anyone wanting to play on Intel HD 3000, it's also quite playable. Intel HD 2500 or 2000, don't bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Best Splinter Cell game? Never played any of them and was told to get it, but don't want to buy the entire pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Supposedly Chaos Theory, picked it up myself in the summer sale but haven't played it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Best Splinter Cell game? Never played any of them and was told to get it, but don't want to buy the entire pack.

Chaos Theory, although I love the first 3

• Advertisement

Got RPG Maker. Used to be at it for hours 10 or 12 years ago. Can't wait to get stuck in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm the same as you when it comes to system requirments and not being sure, but that site is regularly inaccurate. It told me I won't be able to play Hitman Absolution even on the recommended settings, but I got it anyway after comparing my spec and seeing it should work. Currently running it on highest settings without fail.

I also check
    http://www.yougamers.com/games/
    to see if games will run

So it's 3 STALKER games available? Are they all good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I'm doing ongoing videos on the games available on Steam and other sites throughout the sales if anyone is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QOJa6oFVok

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

CastorTroy wrote: »

I also check
    http://www.yougamers.com/games/
    to see if games will run

So it's 3 STALKER games available? Are they all good?

2 are excellent, Clear Sky is decent but not as good as the others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Picked up Legend of Grimrock during the flash sale for 2.74 EUR and I'm so happy I did. It's a true old school Eye of the Beholder style layout. Bit limited in set up but for that price it will be plenty of fun and can be strongly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Dark Souls for approx €14. Know next to nothing about it other than that it's usually lauded as a difficult RPG. Should I get it?

Absolutely. Best game this gen imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

gahh, 30 minutes left to either buy PoP and hitman collections or let them slip by... poor wallet... Who knows what's around the corner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

God damn... that THQ bundle is crazy good value... why is it so cheap ? I'd buy it if i hadn't already bought a THQ bundle last sale !

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TheZestyLemon

THQ's going under, that's probably why everything's so cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Big Knox wrote: »
    Absolutely. Best game this gen imo!
    The description in Steam says that a "Microsoft Xbox 360® Controller for Windows® (or equivalent) is strongly recommended."

Is this really needed or will the game play fine with keyboard/mouse? The game looks good, but I despise controllers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Decided to go with the Hitman collection.

Was just thinking, one thing I would like Steam/Valve to start doing is to make the games work on later OSs like GOG. I'm saying this after the experience of trying to get Bioshock working on Win7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dead island GOTY 6.79

Was having a look at Dota 2, 50% off, but Steam says I already have it? I never bought it. Clicked play now and it is downloading/installing the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Is Blood Bowl worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

The description in Steam says that a "Microsoft Xbox 360® Controller for Windows® (or equivalent) is strongly recommended."

Is this really needed or will the game play fine with keyboard/mouse? The game looks good, but I despise controllers.

Yes that or a ps3 controller makes the game alot easier to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Yes that or a ps3 controller makes the game alot easier to play

Thanks. If they can't make a proper PC port, then it's of no interest to me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

blaa85 wrote: »
    Was having a look at Dota 2, 50% off, but Steam says I already have it? I never bought it. Clicked play now and it is downloading/installing the game.

It's a bug.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/570/discussions/0/882965239636857387/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

blaa85 wrote: »

Don't buy it, I have a giftable copy. Add me on steam: suicidalsid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Thanks. If they can't make a proper PC port, then it's of no interest to me. :mad:

It is a crazy good game though, You are missing out big time!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone get the rpg maker?

Advertisement