Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Was eyeing it up meself but left it off. Used to play a really old version of it years ago, before it went legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Is Blood Bowl worth getting?

If you've ever played the board game, or want to play the board game, definitely. There's a live-action version in the game, but I've never heard of someone playing it. The turn based game part of it is quite good, as the mechanics have been through years of refinement. And there's generally a pretty decent community for multiplayer if you go looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Train Simulator 2013 is 75% off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Thanks. If they can't make a proper PC port, then it's of no interest to me. :mad:

Have you tried to DS3 Tool?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Was preparing to buy far cry 3 and Hitman Absolution for the new PC that Im getting Tuesday, luckily I just saw that i got them free with the gfx card so now I can splash out on other games instead :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmm I still haven't spent a cent yet :(. I am getting old...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

3 days in credit just about maxed out.Between Steam and sales on other sites its been a good month (not for the cc). Almost 60 games bought.30 quid left in steam wallet so gonna try and watch the daily deals and be patient for a good deal on something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Hmmm I still haven't spent a cent yet :(. I am getting old...

Same as myself, there just hast been anything on sale I wanted yet or didn’t already have. But I do have a list of things that I will buy on the last day if they don’t appear on the daily deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Anyone get the rpg maker?

Yeah, haven't given it a go yet. Had to nab it at 29.99. Only about a 300mb download! The only other thing I want is Testament of Sherlock Holmes at 75% off (Fingers crossed).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Same as myself, there just hast been anything on sale I wanted yet or didn’t already have. But I do have a list of things that I will buy on the last day if they don’t appear on the daily deals.

Aye. I got all cd keys of games I wanted earlier from elsewhere. Now I got all I wanted and some of the games that are new are really meh. I was a huge fan of hian, but new one leaves me with no good emotions. I might pick it up next year for 10eu, but I know I won't payoff then that. The other game I might look forward is farcry 3, but it won't come up cheap and I could already pick up cd key of it for 24eu earlier. I'll just wait again, I got enough games to play now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Today I picked up Dead Island GOTY Edition for €6.79
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15190/
    Decent 80/100 on MetaCritic;
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dead-island

Still kinda tempted by Sim City 4 for €2.49
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/24780/
    I never played any of the Sim games before but it looks like it might be fun.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Picked up dead island and Darksiders for about 12 bucks. Got the walking dead on gamefly for 13 euro as well (steamworks). As I am expecting Borderlands 2 present for xmas, and will be playing Far Cry 3 for a good while yet, I think I am pretty much done unless I see a very tempting deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭TheSunderz

Pick up cs:go for 6 euro its totally worth it one of the best fps ever better than cod by miles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

TheSunderz wrote: »
    Pick up cs:go for 6 euro its totally worth it one of the best fps ever better than cod by miles

Should have picked up the complete pack, its cheaper and has cs:go anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭TheSunderz

Magill wrote: »
    Should have picked up the complete pack, its cheaper and has cs:go anyway !

yeh buh i have source already I thought it wudave been a waist buh dahs just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Don't buy it, I have a giftable copy. Add me on steam: suicidalsid

Cheers for the offer but i'd say someone else might get better use out of it then me. Don't think id get into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I assume everyone is buying Bad Rats for each other to spread the Christmas cheer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Moon54 wrote: »
    Still kinda tempted by Sim City 4 for €2.49
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/24780/
    I never played any of the Sim games before but it looks like it might be fun.

It's great. It takes the Sim City formula of balancing budgets and expansion and services, but adds the ability to develop a bunch of linked territories so, for example, you can dump all your undesirable heavy industry in one "city" so you can keep the skies over your precious low density housing in the next zone clear. Makes for games that run forever. Well worth half a fiver

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gotten a few bits and pieces so far. Hope that Age of Empires 3 drops down to 75% off so I can pick that up too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Limbo for €2.49, one thats been on my list for a long time so I'll gladly take it at that price, takes my total to 4 games for a tenner

Got Sim City myself and trying to get the hang of it for the past while but made a complete mess of the tutorial city, seems like good fun though, well worth a couple of Euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If I get the dawn of war franchise as a gift will I be able to activate the few I want and keep the rest as gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Varik wrote: »
    If I get the dawn of war franchise as a gift will I be able to activate the few I want and keep the rest as gifts.

That's like buying someone Chocolates and just leaving them the Coffee flavoured ones :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

MagicSean wrote: »
    Have you tried to DS3 Tool?
    Nope. Don't think it would help. I've just never been able to use controllers. Far too many years with mouse/keyboard. I remember trying to play an xbox game that used the analogue controller to change the character POV. I think I spent half the time looking at the floor and the other half at the ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Just got the Dawn of War series and Sim City. It's hard to go wrong for 12.50.

That's a 3D cinema ticket ffs. Madness.

Genius business model though. These games are basically worthless. Because there's no more production costs though anything they get for them is bonus money. They must make an absolute fortune off these sales - like a clearance sale except you never make a loss on the stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nope. Don't think it would help. I've just never been able to use controllers. Far too many years with mouse/keyboard. I remember trying to play an xbox game that used the analogue controller to change the character POV. I think I spent half the time looking at the floor and the other half at the ceiling.

That was probably due to the way they default the Y-axis. I always have to go and invert it when starting a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

blobby360 wrote: »
    That's like buying someone Chocolates and just leaving them the Coffee flavoured ones :p

Just want the 3 dawn of war expansions which cost around €7, already have the rest on steam. I had the game and 2 of the expansions on disc but after getting the game on steam from the humble bundle I'd like the rest on steam including the last expansion which i never got.

For €3 euro I might as well get the lot and give the rest to someone who wants it.

I'm eating all the coffee ones and giving the rest away.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GosuIrish

dam dawn of war going on sale at worst time for me when i have nothing to spend , if anyone is considering buying the dota 2 access for some reason message me on steam iv 3 invites lol steam - irish25256

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Just made my first purchase this sale.

SimCity 4
    Dead Island GOTY
    Darksiders franchise

Have been after Dead Island and Darksiders for a while. SimCity is a impulse buy. Already have SimCity 3000, but for €2.50? Yes please.

Anyone know of the Ace of Spades in the community choice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Should I get dishonoured for 50% off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Should I get dishonoured for 50% off?

It can wait until another sale and a bigger discount. I enjoyed it, but I didn't find it to be the Game of the Year a lot of people were calling it.

Advertisement