Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I am looking at of orcs and men in the flash sale, anybody have this, is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Pretty sure im gonna have to hit that darksiders franchise deal as nothing on my list has popped up yet so my trigger finger is getting itchy

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

VinLieger wrote: »
    Pretty sure im gonna have to hit that darksiders franchise deal as nothing on my list has popped up yet so my trigger finger is getting itchy

Do eeeeeet! Well worth the price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Agree with Cherry, Darksiders is a fun game. Personally I've just picked up CamerBag 2 in the flash sale; the photo edit options it has for 4 EUR was a steal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

and i made my first purchase! and not on steam lo! got sleeping dogs on green man gaming. i think i am done for this year! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bought the Darksiders pack on Steam, and Devil May Cry 4 (€2.37) on GreenManGaming. Might pick up one or two more over the sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

dreamers75 wrote: »
    In light of the corkonians request.

As a self respecting hater of all things cork, next dub to ask for a game thats under 5 quid gets it.

feck Cork!!!!!!!!

I see that game i requested is now €4 :p

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Should I get dishonoured for 50% off?

Im crossing my fingers for 75% ;)

Andy!! wrote: »
    Im crossing my fingers for 75% ;)

Never gonna happen

VinLieger wrote: »

Never gonna happen

While you're here could I also get wednesdays lottery numbers?

Whether it happens now or easter time I'll be waiting for a 75% on Dishonoured and 50% on Dark Souls... I wanna know what all the fuss is about :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Andy!! wrote: »
    While you're here could I also get wednesdays lottery numbers?

Whether it happens now or easter time I'll be waiting for a 75% on Dishonoured and 50% on Dark Souls... I wanna know what all the fuss is about :)

It's not going to happen in this sale, that is certain. I'm sure it will at some point in time.

Gonna pick up Far Cry 3 if it reaches 50% off myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Already spent all my money on the first day of sales.. GRIM! Got Borderlands GOTY, Elder Scrolls GOTY, Mirrors Edge..

danthefan wrote: »
    It's not going to happen in this sale, that is certain. I'm sure it will at some point in time.

Exactly im sure whenever the next sale happens it could easily hit 75 but this close to its release not way

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TheZestyLemon

I know it's early days yet in the sale, but does anyone else feel that it hasn't been too great so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

I think Steam want more people to buy Indie, most of the flash bargains were indie games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I go to play shogun 2, update of 12.2GB needed, wtf? Go to my steam folder and shogun2 only is 10GB when I'm pretty sure it was over 20GB the last time I checked :confused:

There goes my download allowance this month :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I know it's early days yet in the sale, but does anyone else feel that it hasn't been too great so far?

Definitely. Mostly buying dlc and stuff for @3. Bought the darksiders pack to try it out. It may be because I own the good stuff already though.

I go to play shogun 2, update of 12.2GB needed, wtf? Go to my steam folder and shogun2 only is 10GB when I'm pretty sure it was over 20GB the last time I checked :confused:

There goes my download allowance this month :(

At least you get to, it's not available in my region (I own the game, but can't buy any of the DLC). Same goes for NiGHTS and Jet Set, gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

For people who have not had a STEAM sale before, or don't own many games I reckon it is a good sale. My problem is; I already own most of the stuff on sale, and the other games I have no interest in :P

Just waiting on Assassin's Creed 3 to hit 50% off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

It hasn't been a great sale for me because I own most of the good stuff already. If I was relatively new to PC gaming and saw that THQ pack on sale for example I'd think it was the best thing ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What's the best way to get onto steam, a game I wanted is listed at the 75% the wrong price and when you go to add it it's still at the original correct price.

Shown as 75% off €14.99 making it €3.74 but the correct price was €6,99 and it's still at €6.99 on the game page.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I'm just waiting for hotline Miami and retro city rampage to get around.75% off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Varik wrote: »
    What's the best way to get onto steam, a game I wanted is listed at the 75% the wrong price and when you go to add it it's still at the original correct price.

Shown as 75% off €14.99 making it €3.74 but the correct price was €6,99 and it's still at €6.99 on the game page.

What game?

Best way? Just make an account, buy the game.

You'll need the steam client to download it.

What game?

Best way? Just make an account, buy the game.

You'll need the steam client to download it.

Sorry I meant getting on to them for help on the price rather than onto steam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think he meant to contact steam about the pricing mistake

Sorry I meant getting on to them for help on the price rather than onto steam.
    i think he meant to contact steam about the pricing mistake

Oops. Sorry. :o

Out of curiosity though, what game was it?

Oops. Sorry. :o

Out of curiosity though, what game was it?

Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn Of War® – Winter Assault

It's still 6.99 when like the rest of the dawn of war stuff should be 75% off

The community page and the dawn of war franchise pack list it as 75% off but the price is for the gold edition.

Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn Of War® – Winter Assault

It's still 6.99 when like the rest of the dawn of war stuff should be 75% off

The community page and the dawn of war franchise pack list it as 75% off but the price is for the gold edition.

Gotcha.

That reminds me, I got that in the Summer Sale, and haven't looked at it yet.

Does minecraft ever go on sale from minecraft.net? 27 buckaroos is a little steep far as I'm concerned :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Just picked up Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai. Been wanting to buy it for some time now.

Advertisement