Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

jayteecork wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for hotline Miami and retro city rampage to get around.75% off.

I doubt Hotline Miami will drop below 50% since it only came out a couple of months ago.

It was an option in one of the polls but only at 50%.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is endless space worth it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The Walking Dead will be 12.49 in 7 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

God dammit I already bought XCOM and Dark Souls for 15 quid each yesterday. Is it worth the price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Still only coming up as 25% off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Is endless space worth it?

I think it will be, im waiting for it to drop on a sale, if it doesnt ill just pick it up on the 5th at the price its at now,
    Simcity 4 any good? really like the look of the next one but its not out for a while and 2.50 is a damn good deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

If you click through on it, it shows as 50% off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Stev_o wrote: »
    Still only coming up as 25% off.

50 % off now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

I think I need to cancel my internet, this is getting farcical. :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Stalker bundle is actually a few cents cheaper if you buy the games seperately. Shame they don't have clear sky thrown in with it but I think thats 75% off as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TheZestyLemon

Think we'd get The Walking Dead for -75%? I think I remember it being 75% in the last sale.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It was 50% off in the last sale. I got it for the price it is now

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

Does gamestop ireland do steam vouchers? Brother is coming for xmas dinner and thinking of getting him one, is there a way to do it digitally?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

LuvSpudz wrote: »
    Does gamestop ireland do steam vouchers? Brother is coming for xmas dinner and thinking of getting him one, is there a way to do it digitally?

Yeah, 20 and 50 euro vouchers in gamestop

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Think we'd get The Walking Dead for -75%? I think I remember it being 75% in the last sale.

Defo only went to 12.50 as i had to choose between that and Max Payne 3 at the same price.

For anyone reading this later that missed the walking dead flash sale, the steam key can be had on gamefly for 12.93 on gamefly for the past few days now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

May go for the STALKER trilogy.

Wasn't a Steam shopper this time last year. Did they do anything special for Christmas Day?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

LuvSpudz wrote: »

Couldn't find a way to do it digitally to an account that is not yours, but gamestop do them. Not the prettiest present as it is just a code printed at the bottom of the receipt, but it gets the job done :)
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    May go for the STALKER trilogy.

Wasn't a Steam shopper this time last year. Did they do anything special for Christmas Day?

Nothing special just another sale day as I recall.

Right purchase 1&2 out of the way Darksiders Franchise and simcity, not gonna touch darksiders till i get my new computer in the new year as i wont have the use of a gamepad till then but jumping straight into simcity

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

The Walking Dead dragged me off the fence , hope they'll drop the Assassin's Creed franchise pack , or discount the whole thing without AC3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is the ace of spades worth it?

I know the pleasure is to play, it makes no difference what you say

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Headshot wrote: »
    Is the ace of spades worth it?

I know the pleasure is to play, it makes no difference what you say

The only game you need is the Ace of Spades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The only game you need is the Ace of Spades.

Going with the flow, it's all a game to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

what are the stalker games like?
    are they rpg fps or just fps?

worth a go at about £3 each?

Okay i predict anno 2070, chivalry, street fighter, portal and saints row

dont ask me how i know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I've still not finished the original but from what i've played its an excellent game, really must get round to finishing it and the expansions. Well worth £3. If you like the fallout games you'll probably like it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Got Torchlight II yesterday, great game & enjoying it a lot more than I thought (FPS junkie:)).

Trying to find out if the widescreenfixer.org eyefinity fix still works for The Walking Dead, hope so as its high on the list.

Anno 2070 is a tenner on Gamefly. Disappointed it's 20 on sale. Will buy Chivalry though.

Sort of a hybrid open world fps, no skill trees or anything like that progress is more based around getting better equipment/charms as you get further into the game.

Would be worth a go at far more than 3 quid each :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

3 mins looking at Steam sale and 22euro spent.

Dead island goty, the walking dead, Sim City 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Anno 2070 is a tenner on Gamefly. Disappointed it's 20 on sale. Will buy Chivalry though.

It's not great. I wouldn't bother.

You can sort of Sim City things up a bit and that's fairly amusing but when you can just get Sim City for 2.50 you'd be better off doing that.

Advertisement