Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sim city up to a fiver now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

I've just bought Arma 2: Combined Operations to play DayZ only. It's downloading right now, did I do good?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Actually just spotted the walking dead is only $12.50 on amazon.com. Presuming that the US steam version would likely be region free that is a good deal.

Anyone bought it from there that could confirm?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Yousef wrote: »
    I've just bought Arma 2: Combined Operations to play DayZ only. It's downloading right now, did I do good?

I'm thinking of doing the same myself, am holding out to see if it is further reduced but I am probably going to cave in soon . . . ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

marco_polo wrote: »
    Actually just spotted the walking dead is only $12.50 on amazon.com. Presuming that the US steam version would likely be region free that is a good deal.

Anyone bought it from there that could confirm?

I bought it. Haven't played it yet, but it activated and when I tried to boot it up now, it started downloading an update so looks like it's working fine. I know there are loads of others who bought it from there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

I'm thinking of doing the same myself, am holding out to see if it is further reduced but I am probably going to cave in soon . . . ;)

To hell with it, 15Euro....and if the mad craze surrounding it is anything to go by then it will be the best 15 we ever spent.

Can't believe I've waited this long. I was holding out for the Standalone that was supposed to be coming out this month but now it seems that the developer has gone nuts so we won't be seeing it for a while....

Can't wait to give this a go...if I meet Frankie or JackFrags I'm shooting on site :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Yousef wrote: »
    To hell with it, 15Euro....and if the mad craze surrounding it is anything to go by then it will be the best 15 we ever spent.

Can't believe I've waited this long. I was holding out for the Standalone that was supposed to be coming out this month but now it seems that the developer has gone nuts so we won't be seeing it for a while....

Whats this now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

reckon the Football manager 2013 will end up in the sale ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well it's 25% off at the moment. It might go down a bit more, but it's hard to say cause it's still relatively new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Magill wrote: »
    reckon the Football manager 2013 will end up in the sale ?

I'm fairly sure FM 2012 was on last year's sale (I remember nearly buying it and then getting it as a present) so if that's the case there's definitely a chance FM13 will be on this year.

• Advertisement

I'll leave it for a few days then, maybe it'll go 40/50%. No rush for it anyway i guess.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Magill wrote: »
    I'll leave it for a few days then, maybe it'll go 40/50%. No rush for it anyway i guess.

Its only $30 on amazon for the steam key. The odd game is region locked (Dead Island) but the vast majority wouldn't be. Maybe google to make sure fm2013 isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Its only $30 on amazon for the steam key. The odd game is region locked (Dead Island) but the vast majority wouldn't be. Maybe google to make sure fm2013 isn't.

can you buy from amazon us? I thought the steam keys are only for U.S.

simon360 wrote: »

can you buy from amazon us? I thought the steam keys are only for U.S.

It is very rare for a game to be region locked between the US and EU, most publishers just ring fence off Russia and Eastern europe. Dead Island is the only game I know of that goes further but there may be others so it is best to make sure in advance of purchase.

It is very rare for a game to be region locked between the US and EU, most publishers just ring fence off Russia and Eastern europe. Dead Island is the only game I know of that goes further but there may be others so it is best to make sure in advance of purchase.

Yeah just bought it man, np's activating it. Just had to setup a amazon account with a US address as you can't buy it without one. saved £5 anyway on the steam 20% off anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I forgot i bought Grand Theft Auto IV and GTA Episodes from Liberty City, in a past sale [just studying my steam games list here lol], are they worth downloading?

Dcully wrote: »
    I forgot i bought Grand Theft Auto IV and GTA Episodes from Liberty City, in a past sale [just studying my steam games list here lol], are they worth downloading?

They were fun back in the day haha but I'm not sure if people still go on. Needs a good computer to run it though, wasn't the best port (performance wise) in my opinion.

Caved in and grabbed Binary Domain. Have been meaning to pick it up for the past few months as it really was one of this years hidden gems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Cannot decide whether to bother with Dead Island at this price or just wait for the (hopefully better) sequel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Agricola wrote: »
    Cannot decide whether to bother with Dead Island at this price or just wait for the (hopefully better) sequel.

Playing it all day its quite good. No real point in getting guns when you have a baseball bat with a circular saw stuck onto it :pac:

Lots of squishy squishy smashy smashy :)

Coop looks good too, drop in and out

• Advertisement

It's flawed as hell but well worth getting at that price.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Playing it all day its quite good. No real point in getting guns when you have a baseball bat with a circular saw stuck onto it :pac:

Lots of squishy squishy smashy smashy :)

Coop looks good too, drop in and out
    It's flawed as hell but well worth getting at that price.

Is it a slow moving, serious, tricky survival type game or more of a cartoon, point based comedy violence thing like Dead Rising? Im looking for the former.

Is it a slow moving, serious, tricky survival type game or more of a cartoon, point based comedy violence thing like Dead Rising? Im looking for the former.

It's quite different from Dead Rising. Imagine Skyrim set on an island with zombies and you have the gist of it.

It's quite different from Dead Rising. Imagine Skyrim set on an island with zombies and you have the gist of it.

Feck, you may have sold me on it there!

Ooooh mount and blade collection dont mind if I do! seriously recommend this game! 8.75 for the whole pack and it doesn't even need a strong computer! pick it up IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TheZestyLemon

Feck, you may have sold me on it there!

It's not that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

God damnit when is endless space gonna come up? That plus dark souls and vice city are my main wants for this sale, am i asking too much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ElectroJazz

Caved in and grabbed Binary Domain. Have been meaning to pick it up for the past few months as it really was one of this years hidden gems.

Came onto this thread just now and this was the first post I saw, not even five minutes later and I was on Steam buying this game. I'm going to stop checking this thread now.

VinLieger wrote: »
    God damnit when is endless space gonna come up? That plus dark souls and vice city are my main wants for this sale, am i asking too much?

You can get darksouls at CD Key shop for £11.. which i think works out at like 65% off. I bought mine yesterday, fast delivery (If during their working hours which is 00:00 - 14:00 i think).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'm in SE Asia at the moment. If I buy games on Steam here will they be fine when I get home or is there region locking issues?

Advertisement