Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I'm in SE Asia at the moment. If I buy games on Steam here will they be fine when I get home or is there region locking issues?

Unlikely. However, you may run into problems if you've used your credit card for purchases previously on steam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Bastion in the Community Choice for 3.49? Yes please.

Really hoping XCom comes up again, missed it the first time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Arma2 now 50% off, €12.49.

Passing on it myself, as much as I'd like DayZ, I'm holding out for XCom as my final purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Sarn

I'm fairly disappointed with the sale so far. A lot of the games have been significantly cheaper elsewhere over the past couple of weeks, even with 50% off. It doesn't stop me from regularly checking it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

And that's portal 2 bought, that's my wishlist sorted.

Now unless anything incredible shows up that should be me done for this sale.

Hard to believe before the thq humble bundle just a week or two ago I only had the orange box on steam, now I have 38 games :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Sniper Elite V2 now €12. 49, anyone else tempted?

Reviews say its so-so, but I like the look of the visceral kill shots.:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

glynf wrote: »

Its only okay, after the first level or two its gets zzzzz and the kill shots become repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

glynf wrote: »

It's €9.99 on getgamesgo.com if that helps.

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/sniper-elite-v

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Yeah, I had an inkling that shooting the nuts off of Germans would get a bit boring after a while.

The Multilayer does not look great either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dcully wrote: »
    Its only okay, after the first level or two its gets zzzzz and the kill shots become repetitive.
    I enjoyed it a fair bit, getting nut shots is still one of the most enjoyable parts for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is 50% off atm, so €24.82.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/

It's in the flash sales atm so about 8 hours remaining at that price.
    Very tempted, hard to imagine it'll be any cheaper on steam during the Xmas sales....
    but you never know.

Also DLC for Skyrim is 50% off too.
    Hearthfire- €2.47 - http://store.steampowered.com/app/220760/
    Dawngaurd €9.92 - http://store.steampowered.com/app/211720/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Moon54 wrote: »
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/

It's in the flash sales atm so about 8 hours remaining at that price.
    Very tempted, hard to imagine it'll be any cheaper on steam during the Xmas sales....
    but you never know.

Also DLC for Skyrim is 50% off too.
    Hearthfire- €2.47 - http://store.steampowered.com/app/220760/
    Dawngaurd €9.92 - http://store.steampowered.com/app/211720/

Cant see it dropping any more during this sale. Thats a bargain for an amazing game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Cant see it dropping any more during this sale. Thats a bargain for an amazing game!

Bargain was the Bethesda pack misprice at 26eurons :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tempted by borderlands 2 :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It is a brilliant game.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

I'm in SE Asia at the moment. If I buy games on Steam here will they be fine when I get home or is there region locking issues?

No region locking issues, it's the opposite, there's titles in Ireland you can't buy over here :mad:

FINALLY started buying stuff in the sale. Bought SSFIV Arcade and Dawnguard went to 50% so grabbed that too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Sarn

Moon54 wrote: »

A shade cheaper on GMG and just over €20 on Gamestop. It's a Steamworks game so might as well save a few euro.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Denny M wrote: »
    It is a brilliant game.

Don't temp me :)

Don't temp me :)
    It's up for the Community vote now, so if you hold off it might go down to 50% off.

The annoying thing like this is that most of these games won't run on my laptop :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Tempted by borderlands 2 :eek:

It's a repetitive monotonous slog. Cookie cutter design. I was bored with it within and few hours and very glad I rented it (xbox 360).

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

Damn you steam sale, making me buy more stuff! Still it is nice to get the half life 1 expansions!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

quarryman wrote: »
    It's a repetitive monotonous slog. Cookie cutter design. I was bored with it within and few hours and very glad I rented it (xbox 360).

I'm assuming you didn't play Co-op ?

quarryman wrote: »

Oh that's disappointing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dont listen to him

Its a contender for GOTY

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Oh that's disappointing

Most seem to love it haven't played it myself mind (But I'm pretty sure its under the tree right now)

Headshot wrote: »
    Dont listen to him

Its a contender for GOTY
    Definitely. I have it on steam, almost 80 hours put in, and I'm still not tired of it. I have one character I use for playing co-op with some friends, and another for solo play, with a few others I dip in and out of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Oh that's disappointing

Its nothing like that he said.

Worth it at 40 quid tbh but play it in coop its where the game shines. Still a very good SP game just better in coop.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

They Bleed Pixels 75% off @ €2.49 - BOUGHT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Endless Space 66% off for the next 48 hours. Now's your cue, people :3

Advertisement