Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Endless Space for €10? Yoink! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I bought Endless Space a while back when it was full price. I think I was drunk. I never got around to playing it.

Is it any good?

Yeah, it's a great 4x game. Only tried it briefly at the time, but it's very details and has a huge amount of features. The dev's have also released loads of addons since release as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Endless Space 66% off for the next 48 hours. Now's your cue, people :3

*runs for the computer while and falling over things*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got endless space,is dawn guard worth it at 9.92?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

That good? I might just look then so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

blobby360 wrote: »
    I'm assuming you didn't play Co-op ?
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its nothing like that he said.

Worth it at 40 quid tbh but play it in coop its where the game shines. Still a very good SP game just better in coop.

I should point out I'm commenting on the single player only.

And it's only one person's opinion but I found it to be drivel. There are a LOT more creative games out there to spend my time on.

I feel sorry for gaming if it beats titles like Journey in GOTY.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Exactly my reaction, stupid steam app but at the same time awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hmmmm ARMA II Combined Ops for €12.49. Just how demanding a game is it spec wise - specifically for Day Z?

Also has FTL been in a flash sale yet?

Edit - Dammit, Chivalry is tempting me too. I swore I wouldn't get involved this year!

quarryman wrote: »

And it's only one person's opinion but I found it to be drivel. There are a LOT more creative games out there to spend my time on.

Sure that's fair enough your entitles to your opinion :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

quarryman wrote: »

Id actually agree with you. I loved the original Borderlands but i just couldnt warm to this one. Its a good game but very overrated. It just seemed to be more of the same. I did play co-op although not with friends so maybe its more fun with friends, i dont know.

I definitely wouldnt class it as GOTY though.

Is it worth paying extra for the Emperor Edition of Endless Space or is it just a pointless addition?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Is it worth paying extra for the Emperor Edition of Endless Space or is it just a pointless addition?

From the description it seems a bit pointless, i went for the admiral one

I went with emperor ed it was OK only a euro or so dearer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

has anyone played endless space yet was just watching gameplay on youtube i'm i'm not convinced

Went with the Admiral edition in the end. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Considering its a pittance, definitely. The extra hero in-game is quite potent, and it gives your votes a slight bit more weight in the community voting for upcoming features.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    has anyone played endless space yet was just watching gameplay on youtube i'm i'm not convinced

Ya its not for everyone

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Considering its a pittance, definitely. The extra hero in-game is quite potent, and it gives your votes a slight bit more weight in the community voting for upcoming features.

Ah fair enough then. I see i can buy the upgrade seperately so i can still get it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Half Life Episode 2 it is then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Could anyone point out the downsides of Endless Space? I like games set in space/sci-fi in general, does it have anything really annoying about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

KOTOR 2 Thank you very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Steam related question - I'm home for Xmas and the internet here is about 10 times better than in my apartment, can I download Steam games to my laptop and transfer them to my PC somehow? Like I've Max Payne 3 to download but all 32GB would take about a month in my apartment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

yes you can

You can download them on the laptop and using the restore feature, you can see the games on your pc

(of course you have to connect the laptop the computer)

If you have an external hard drive, you can back up the games to that and then restore on the pc

edit

connect the laptop to the pc by using lan cable

danthefan wrote: »
    Steam related question - I'm home for Xmas and the internet here is about 10 times better than in my apartment, can I download Steam games to my laptop and transfer them to my PC somehow? Like I've Max Payne 3 to download but all 32GB would take about a month in my apartment.

After downloadung the game Go into Steam -> File -> Backup Games -> Select the games you want to backup and the location (External HDD).

I think that you can also copy the entire steam folder over from one computer to another.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Darko wrote: »

After downloadung the game Go into Steam -> File -> Backup Games -> Select the games you want to backup and the location (External HDD).

I think that you can also copy the entire steam folder over from one computer to another.

Yep you could also find the game folder in the steamapps folder and just copy it directly, but backup is probably handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Out if interest.

How bad would it be if I was to Skip KOTOR 1 and go straight into KOTOR 2. ?

I have a lot of games to get through so don't judge:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wasnt mad about 2 tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

blobby360 wrote: »
    Out if interest.

How bad would it be if I was to Skip KOTOR 1 and go straight into KOTOR 2. ?

I have a lot of games to get through so don't judge:o

It makes absolutely no sense.

It's a verifiable fact the first game is the better game. The second one, while good, is essentially a facsimile of Bioware's original by another developer and one that was forced out the door long before it was completed to boot.

If you only play one there's no reason on Earth to make it KOTOR 2.

• Advertisement

Play Kotor 1 first. Fantastic game.

Also, anyone buying Kotor 2 make sure to get the restored content mod. Fixes a lot of what was wrong with the original release.
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm

Advertisement