Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

Taking it easy this sale, so far I've got Binary Domain, The Walking Dead and KotoR. Will pick up a few more games in sure but I can see this being a cheap sale as at this stage I have pretty much everything in the sale that I'd even consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Syferus wrote: »
    It makes absolutely no sense.

It's a verifiable fact the first game is the better game. The second one, while good, is essentially a facsimile of Bioware's original by another developer and one that was forced out the door long before it was completed to boot.

If you only play one there's no reason on Earth to make it KOTOR 2.

First one it is then.

Edit: Any useful Mods for KOTOR 1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

blobby360 wrote: »
    First one it is then.

Edit: Any useful Mods for KOTOR 1 ?

A general tip I'd give is that a bit like Mass Effect 1, it's a bit dated looking and the gameplay is rough around the edges. Give it time though and once you get into the swing of it it's great craic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

are dawnguard and hearthfire worth it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If anyone who bought Endless Space also happens to have Comodo Firewall installed, make sure to activate Game Mode or it will hard lock your system on launch. Had this pc for around 8 months, and that's the first hard lock i've had. Kind of annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

are dawnguard and hearthfire worth it?

I'd wait for dawnguard. Its not very good and not really worth 9 euro. Probably worth leaving it till the next sale and hoping for a 75% reduction.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd wait for dawnguard. Its not very good and not really worth 9 euro. Probably worth leaving it till the next sale and hoping for a 75% reduction.

that bad eh?

Has anyone gotten the secret world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

On the plus side the steam sale makes it very handy to buy gifts for people.

On the down side it becomes very easy to adopt a "I want that too.."

One game for you.
    One game for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

danthefan wrote: »
    Could anyone point out the downsides of Endless Space? I like games set in space/sci-fi in general, does it have anything really annoying about it?

There's a few nuances in the way the game works, but that's what their dev forums are for. They make changes based on player feedback, and there's been loads of changes for the better so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

TheChrisD wrote: »
    There's a few nuances in the way the game works, but that's what their dev forums are for. They make changes based on player feedback, and there's been loads of changes for the better so far.

Cheers, decided to get it anyway. I love stuff set in space.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Am I right in assuming that tomb raider is that dos box nonsense ?
    I've been stung before (f**k you Jedi knight)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Anyone play Carrier Command recently ?

I heard there were a quite a few AI bugs on release, Im wondering if they have been fixed ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Krieg wrote: »
    Anyone play Carrier Command recently ?

I heard there were a quite a few AI bugs on release, Im wondering if they have been fixed ?
    I bought it on release and was extremely pissed with the amount of issues.. Couldn't even bind the arrow keys without rooting in config files

The latest patch seems to have improved things a bit but pathfinding is still poor at times.

Wasn't worth what I paid but not bad at sale pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Taking it easy this sale, so far I've got Binary Domain, The Walking Dead and KotoR. Will pick up a few more games in sure but I can see this being a cheap sale as at this stage I have pretty much everything in the sale that I'd even consider.

am considering getting the walking dead, does it play well on a laptop as in using the keys, or would i be better off getting some sort of gaming controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Anyone feeling the xmas spirit and wants to give me a steam gift then I'll love you! <3

x

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Just picked up Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken for a paltry €1.99

http://store.steampowered.com/app/215510/

am considering getting the walking dead, does it play well on a laptop as in using the keys, or would i be better off getting some sort of gaming controller?

Have no idea as I haven't had a chance to play it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Lamposts wrote: »
    Anyone feeling the xmas spirit and wants to give me a steam gift then I'll love you! <3

x

Do you ever stop scrounging free games? ;)

Lamposts wrote: »
    Hl
    x
    Did you not post already about how you spent all the money you were given on the first day of the sale. You know if you stopped begging tor stuff people may be more giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Did you not post already about how you spent all the money you were given on the first day of the sale. You know if you stopped begging tor stuff people may be more giving.

Not to mention asking for free games on the Humble Bumble 7 thread.:D

Gotta love a trier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

cant log in to steam.. anyone having this prob? says cannot connect to steam servers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

simon360 wrote: »
    cant log in to steam.. anyone having this prob? says cannot connect to steam servers...

Was just about to post the same thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

You definitely don't need a controller but I would recommend a mouse over the mousepad.

On a separate note, do we reckon Far Cry 3 will get a discount in this sale?

Headshot wrote: »
    Was just about to post the same thing

Oh phew! Thought I fecked up my steam files after getting a new SSD. Logs in fine on the website though.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Logs in fine, I just can't download stuff. Servers must be taking a hammering :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Max Payne 3 for €12.50. Any reason not to get this? Seems like a great price and I enjoyed the first two games.

Andy!! wrote: »
    Logs in fine, I just can't download stuff. Servers must be taking a hammering :(

Ah I'll enjoy my Christmas dinner and hopefully it will be back when I'm finished!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

aside from the fact that one of the best games of 2012 is going for 12.50 only seven months after it was released and that this is skewing pc gamers expectations of justifiable game pricing, no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

ixoy wrote: »
    Max Payne 3 for €12.50. Any reason not to get this? Seems like a great price and I enjoyed the first two games.

Excellent game. 30Gb download though... could be the only reason not to get it :P

• Advertisement

Tempted by towns,5.49

Advertisement