Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Have had Red Alert 3 in my cart since day 1 of the sale @ 50% off. Really hope it goes through on this vote to 75% now although I reckon Civ 4 will win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

aside from the fact that one of the best games of 2012 is going for 12.50 only seven months after it was released and that this is skewing pc gamers expectations of justifiable game pricing, no reason.

PC games have become incredibly cheap over the last 12 or 18 months. I haven't paid over €30 for a new game since I bought Empire:Total War on day 1 in GAME on Dawson St I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got Hotline Miami there. Great fun.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

aside from the fact that one of the best games of 2012 is going for 12.50 only seven months after it was released and that this is skewing pc gamers expectations of justifiable game pricing, no reason.
    I can see how that can happen. I was given "Darksiders II" for a Christmas present, turn on the PC and immediately see it heavily discounted on the Steam sale. Makes people of the mindset that they should just wait and see if it's cheaper in an upcoming sale. Thankfully, for the games industry, my OH isn't like this and got me "Far Cry 3" rather than me waiting months for it to be on sale...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Picked up Magic the Gathering 2012 GoTY edition (it's not called GoTY but it's all expansions etc.) for 4.99; I'm happy for my card game fix (and it's a heck of a lot cheaper then gathering real cards!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Falthyron wrote: »
    Excellent game. 30Gb download though... could be the only reason not to get it :P

i actually heard about 30gb download. it might be not a bad game, but not worth 30gb download for a single player campaign. ill skip on it.

i still havent bought a thing from steam this sale!!! :confused: i think i went a bit too mad last sale and i got all i wanted already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

gamers complain when games ship with ****ty textures and ****ty sound, gamers complain when games ship with hi res textures and uncompressed sound :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

gamers complain when games ship with ****ty textures and ****ty sound, gamers complain when games ship with hi res textures and uncompressed sound :D

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'm liking the look of Of Orcs And Men, but can anyone convince me to take the last step and buy it? The metascore of 70 has me wondering what its flaws are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I have to say in all fairness to Rockstar you get alot more for that 25 odd GB than you did with RAGE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

50% off Football Manager on the flash sale. €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

ixoy wrote: »
    Max Payne 3 for €12.50. Any reason not to get this? Seems like a great price and I enjoyed the first two games.

I've never played the first two games. They're only €2.50 each.

Would anyone recommend them for someone who's never played the series or should I just go straight for number 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Firehen wrote: »
    I've never played the first two games. They're only €2.50 each.

Would anyone recommend them for someone who's never played the series or should I just go straight for number 3?

Fun games, great little story running via comic book tru them.

Worth buying tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Lamposts wrote: »
    Anyone feeling the xmas spirit and wants to give me a steam gift then I'll love you! <3

x

What a pain in the hole...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

Had pretty much gotten whatever I wanted so I stuck the few euro left in my O2 card on the Knicks Lakers game.

r53Fb.jpg

Now Borderlands 2 is looking mighty fine. I missed it on the community vote. Is it likely it will be up for another discount? Feck it I just got free monies, I'm going to buy it anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Opinicus wrote: »
    Had pretty much gotten whatever I wanted so I stuck the few euro left in my O2 card on the Knicks Lakers game.

r53Fb.jpg

Now Borderlands 2 is looking mighty fine. I missed it on the community vote. Is it likely it will be up for another discount? Feck it I just got free monies, I'm going to buy it anyway!

Give some of your free money to lamposts to buy a game haha

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sarky wrote: »
    I'm liking the look of Of Orcs And Men, but can anyone convince me to take the last step and buy it? The metascore of 70 has me wondering what its flaws are.
    From the user reviews basically poor layout of maps (always straight line from a to b with same set up of minion, minion, boss fight) leading to repetitive game play. It's on my wish list but I'm leaning towards 10 EUR or less tag before I buy it.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Lamposts wrote: »
    Anyone feeling the xmas spirit and wants to give me a steam gift then I'll love you! <3

x

i have these steam keys spare - would you like one? (I'm serious with it being Christmas and all)
    Or if anyone else fancies a trade..

Toki Tori
    Serious Sam 2
    Trauma
    Cubemen:
    Worms Golf:
    Swords and Sworcery:
    Crayon Physics Deluxe
    Avadon:
    Cogs:
    Swords & Soldiers
    Zen Bound 2
    Anomaly: Warzone earth
    Men of War
    Cryostasis
    Kings Bounty: The Legend
    Children of the Nile: Enhanced Edition
    Worms Reloaded
    Delve Deeper + DLC

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

jayteecork wrote: »
    i have these steam keys spare - would you like one? (I'm serious with it being Christmas and all)

Toki Tori
    Serious Sam 2
    Trauma
    Cubemen:
    Worms Golf:
    Swords and Sworcery:
    Crayon Physics Deluxe
    Avadon:
    Cogs:
    Swords & Soldiers
    Zen Bound 2
    Men of War
    Cryostasis
    Worms Reloaded
    Delve Deeper + DLC

I wouldn't say no to cryostasis and worms reloaded if you're giving them away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Toki Tori
    Serious Sam 2
    Trauma
    Cubemen:
    Worms Golf:
    Swords and Sworcery:
    Crayon Physics Deluxe
    Avadon:
    Cogs:
    Swords & Soldiers
    Zen Bound 2
    Men of War
    Cryostasis
    Worms Reloaded
    Delve Deeper + DLC

Would absolutely love serious sam if you were giving them away.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

Does anyone else have 2 copies of GTA 3 + SA + VC in their library. One says not available on your current platform. Is this something to do with Steam being released on Linux?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Opinicus wrote: »
    Does anyone else have 2 copies of GTA 3 + SA + VC in their library. One says not available on your current platform. Is this something to do with Steam being released on Linux?
    They are Mac copies I believe. I got the GTA pack a year ago or so, and I have those extra as well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah, it's the mac versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 adikirak

give me Worms reloaded? and Men of War or Cryostasis ? pm me to give me key... *---* Plzzz... *----* XD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Love how I've become the forum bum here. FFS. Sorry guys if I've spammed. Hope you're all having a great xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Toki Tori
    Serious Sam 2
    Trauma
    Cubemen:
    Worms Golf:
    Swords and Sworcery:
    Crayon Physics Deluxe
    Avadon:
    Cogs:
    Swords & Soldiers
    Zen Bound 2
    Men of War
    Cryostasis
    Worms Reloaded
    Delve Deeper + DLC

I'll take Worms Reloaded if it's going babe. x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

spamming for keys now

Never thought Id see the day

bring back spamming streams :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Headshot wrote: »
    spamming for keys now

Never thought Id see the day

bring back spamming streams :pac:
    *sniff* Those were the good days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

picked uped rising dead 2 bundle. always wanted to pick it up, so 10eu looks mighty good! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Mark of the Ninja, my 3rd purchase of the sale. Arkham City GOTY and Endless Space being the others.

Advertisement