Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can someone clarify something. I just bought the Walking Dead. That's all 5 eps right? I haven't just bought ep1 or anything? It doesn't reeeeally clarify it too well in the description.

Yeah, it's the entire series (5 episodes).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Assassin's creed 2 for 3.74:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Does Assassins Creed 2 use Uplay, even in Steam? I already have it, but would happily pay €3.74 to not have to use Uplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Kiith wrote: »
    Does Assassins Creed 2 use Uplay, even in Steam? I already have it, but would happily pay €3.74 to not have to use Uplay.

AFAIK it just uses Uplay as a launcher but the always on drm part is now gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If anyone intends to play the Walking Dead in one big chunk make sure to have the Samaratans phone number close to hand. Those month long breaks between episodes were essential just to recover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Probably will pick up natural selection, missed it on the first go.
    But where the hell is GTA? i know vice city was up for a vote but didnt make it but other wise its been no where, yes i know they are all at 4.99 right now but im holding till the 5th in the hope for a bit more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

VinLieger wrote: »
    Probably will pick up natural selection, missed it on the first go.
    But where the hell is GTA? i know vice city was up for a vote but didnt make it but other wise its been no where, yes i know they are all at 4.99 right now but im holding till the 5th in the hope for a bit more

GTA V and episodes was up for €14 day one

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

TheDoc wrote: »
    GTA V and episodes was up for €14 day one

Yeah looking for the classics, just vice city and san andreas, was gonna get them at the autumn sale but vice city had been removed because of some silly dmca takedown order

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Denny M wrote: »
    The DoW2 games are good imo, I reckon I've got about 300 hours between the 3.

Yeah I'm probably going to start with them. Have been craving a decent RTS binge recently so I picked them up.

Question: Should I start with DoW2 and only fire up the others once I've completed it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Big Knox wrote: »
    Yeah I'm probably going to start with them. Have been craving a decent RTS binge recently so I picked them up.

Question: Should I start with DoW2 and only fire up the others once I've completed it?

They both play a bit differently, so it doesn't really matter. I fired up DoW1 first to get the hang of things, but then jumped to DoW2 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone get the secret world?worth 22?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Anyone get the secret world?worth 22?

Main game I've been watching in the sale.Planning on getting it at some stage but would like to see if it'll drop to 50% in the flash sales,if it doesn't will pick it up on the last day. Have heard great things about it and now its gone to a non subscription base hopefully the numbers of people playing it will rise.Apparently very different from the normal MMO's ,requiring more puzzle solving than button mashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

New years resolution is to get through my backcatalogue...**** me I've way too many games I've never touched

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Meatwad wrote: »
    Main game I've been watching in the sale.Planning on getting it at some stage but would like to see if it'll drop to 50% in the flash sales,if it doesn't will pick it up on the last day. Have heard great things about it and now its gone to a non subscription base hopefully the numbers of people playing it will rise.Apparently very different from the normal MMO's ,requiring more puzzle solving than button mashing.

ya the fact it has no sub is the reason I want it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Alice: Madness Returns any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Sim city 4, best 2.50 I've ever spent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Got Mark of the Ninja for 50% off, seems great, though I really hope it has controller support because I don't like the K+M controls.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

danthefan wrote: »
    Got Mark of the Ninja for 50% off, seems great, though I really hope it has controller support because I don't like the K+M controls.

It works perfectly with a 360 controller anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

danthefan wrote: »
    If you have a PS3 pad and a USB wire you can download Motionjoy and play any game with a pad. Works perfect with no lag at all. I wanted to get Mark of the Ninja also but it seems they took it down from the flash sales before its time was up :mad:

How are the Assassin Creed games on PC? Are they shabby ports or do they run decently?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Meatwad wrote: »

My plan too. I've been keeping enough money on the debit card in hopes it goes to 50% off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Got Fall of the Samurai for shogun,done now and happy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Frisbee wrote: »
    Alice: Madness Returns any use?
    Enjoyed it, looked awesome in 3d

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Cheeky gits, did they just bump up the price of Sleeping Dogs for a flash sale? Could of sworn I saw it earlier for 14.99, now 16.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Cheeky gits, did they just bump up the price of Sleeping Dogs for a flash sale? Could of sworn I saw it earlier for 14.99, now 16.99.

Is it worth a buy at that price? Was thinking of getting it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just back from the shops [kids using up vouchers] and its mad to see the amount of people paying huge money for games that i see on steam and other sales for as little as €2.50,no not just console gamers with no real choice but plenty of pc games being bought too.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭dubmick

49.99 for Football Manager 2013. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

CSGO back to 6.99. get it now if you haven't already!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

dubmick wrote: »
    49.99 for Football Manager 2013. Ridiculous.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207890/?snr=1_4_4__813

Stop lying, it's 37.49 and currently up for vote for 50% off. Although I recon it's likely more people could be interested in F1 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Dcully wrote: »
    Just back from the shops [kids using up vouchers] and its mad to see the amount of people paying huge money for games that i see on steam and other sales for as little as €2.50,no not just console gamers with no real choice but plenty of pc games being bought too.

Yep saw Borderlands 2 PC for 40+ in Gamestop or HMV earlier. Console gamers allways seem to get rinsed.

And to the console gaming is better than PC gaming lot-stick that in your pipe & smoke it:p

Advertisement