Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

dubmick wrote: »
    49.99 for Football Manager 2013. Ridiculous.

You can get it for like 20 on amazon i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭dubmick

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207890/?snr=1_4_4__813

Stop lying, it's 37.49 and currently up for vote for 50% off. Although I recon it's likely more people could be interested in F1 2012.

lying lol. Standard price is 49.99 without a discount.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Anyone know why every time I launch a new Steam game Microsoft Direct X has to be installed every single time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Is it worth a buy at that price? Was thinking of getting it.

Just finished a playthrough, I would say yes it's certainly worth that price. You'll get a good 25-30 hours out of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

so far my haul is

FTL fast than light
    towns
    endless space
    european war esc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

also I only really want two more games and they are rpg maker and secret world and both are still to expensive for my liking,should have nabbed rpg maker the other day when it was 20 Something euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I've never played any of the lego games but LOTR has had me interested since it came out.

Can anyone recommend? Is it solely aimed at a younger crowd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

also I only really want two more games and they are rpg maker and secret world and both are still to expensive for my liking,should have nabbed rpg maker the other day when it was 20 Something euro.

is the secret world very different from the likes of WOW and GW2? im actually thinking about buying it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Is LA Noire any good? I'm a huge James Elroy fan and enjoy a GTA style game as much as the next man, but can't really see how a tense racially-charged potboiler might translate into a video game

If you're looking for Something to splash some cash on, FTL is a great little game full of tense battles, tough decisions and ignomious deaths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Big Knox wrote: »
    I've never played any of the lego games but LOTR has had me interested since it came out.

Haven't played it myself but it was €9.00 on Greenman a few days ago so if you search around you may be able to find it ~€10 cheaper than Steam.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Big Knox wrote: »

A half assed mini review shall now follow:

It's very close to the movies, since it uses the voices from it. There's much less humour in it than previous Lego games, probably because it follows the subject matter so closely. I did the main plotline in 14 hours. And that only amounted to about 30% completion, which omits a daft amount of unlockable items/collectables.

It's clear that they're fans of the movies, with some excised content such as Tom Bombadil making an appearance. There's even Peter Jackson inside the entrance of Brie, just as the cameo he made in the movies themselves. It's certainly faithful, it just can't surprise as a result.

With it on rails so much, it just felt a bit pedestrian compared to the more varied and creative Lego Batman, even though it borrows the same style of open world and free travel.

Banjo wrote: »
    Is LA Noire any good? I'm a huge James Elroy fan and enjoy a GTA style game as much as the next man, but can't really see how a tense racially-charged potboiler might translate into a video game

If you're looking for Something to splash some cash on, FTL is a great little game full of tense battles, tough decisions and ignomious deaths

Well worth grabbing at 7.49. It's a heavily flawed game and feels like a missed opportunity but its rarely boring and you'll sink 10-15 hours into it and enjoy most of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Finally they properly discounted Worms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

MagicSean wrote: »
    Finally they properly discounted Worms.

Which would be known as the best worms game? Haven't played it in years and want to get one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Finally broke down and bought something, Spec Ops for €7...yes please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Blatter wrote: »
    Which would be known as the best worms game? Haven't played it in years and want to get one of them.

The new one, Revolutions, is a good laugh. Played it on PS 3, not too sure what's it's like on PC, though.

The new one, Revolutions, is a good laugh. Played it on PS 3, not too sure what's it's like on PC, though.

Have you played Worms Reloaded GOTY edition? 75% discount on that and seems to have gotten good reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Blatter wrote: »
    Have you played Worms Reloaded GOTY edition? 75% discount on that and seems to have gotten good reviews.

Went to steam there just too check it, and apparently I already own reloaded!

I forgot I got it!

is the secret world very different from the likes of WOW and GW2? im actually thinking about buying it

from what I hear it is,I must research it more,The only reason I want it is because its sub free :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

from what I hear it is,I must research it more,The only reason I want it is because its sub free :D

yeah id be the same, dont mind paying up front for an mmo but i hate subs, which is why i play a fair bit of GW2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Went to steam there just too check it, and apparently I already own reloaded!

I forgot I got it!

Confessions of a steam sale addict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Bah, I swore I wouldn't look at anything else since I got The Walking Dead but LA Noire is up for a pittance and I bought it on a whim. I'm hoping it's good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

For anyone tempted to get FTL

You can buy it off the devs website for $5 (its currently on sale for €5). The dev should also get more money.

You get the steam key as well

Win Win!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Only a reminder that Legends of Grimrock sale for 2.74 EUR will end in 6 hours. If you want an old school, Eye of the Beholder style, dungeon crawler with hidden buttons on every level, monsters that will eat your whole party if you stand still and plenty of puzzles this is the game for you! It's a bit limited in character creation (Warrior/Rogue/Wizard only) but still plenty of fun (oh and expect to reload A LOT!).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nody wrote: »
    Only a reminder that Legends of Grimrock sale for 2.74 EUR will end in 6 hours. If you want an old school, Eye of the Beholder style, dungeon crawler with hidden buttons on every level, monsters that will eat your whole party if you stand still and plenty of puzzles this is the game for you! It's a bit limited in character creation (Warrior/Rogue/Wizard only) but still plenty of fun (oh and expect to reload A LOT!).

Great game for sure.

Im waiting on Chivalry Medieval Warfare to drop in price some more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Dcully wrote: »
    Great game for sure.

My opinion is that it wont, Devs are tight, and not alot of people played before the sale. Looks good but I think that is the lowest it will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Dcully wrote: »
    Great game for sure.

Cheapest I've ever seen it for was €12.49, I paid the full ~€22-23 when it first came out, it's worth it, great craic chopping your opponents limbs off :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Any offers on magicka going about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Damn you steam sales...
    nKjGm.gif

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »

Legend of Grimrock was added to the current Humble Bundle deal.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Advertisement