Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Just wondering would my PC be capable of running Walking Dead? My specs are:
    Processor: Pentium Dual Core (2.30 GHz)
    RAM: 3GB

And from checking any sort of graphics card under Device Manager > Display Adapters: Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset.

I'm guessing not.. but is it possible to lower settings?

Walking Dead Requirements: http://store.steampowered.com/app/207610/

Maybe Torchlight 2? http://store.steampowered.com/app/200710/

I'm sure regular PC gamers haaaate seeing posts like these, I'm just really bad at understanding requirements. Thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Blatter wrote: »
    Legend of Grimrock was added to the current Humble Bundle deal.

http://www.humblebundle.com/
    But only if you exceed the average price (and as the only game I was interested in was LoG I bought it seperatly) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

wayhey wrote: »
    Just wondering would my PC be capable of running Walking Dead? My specs are:
    Processor: Pentium Dual Core (2.30 GHz)
    RAM: 3GB

And from checking any sort of graphics card under Device Manager > Display Adapters: Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset.

I'm guessing not.. but is it possible to lower settings?

Walking Dead Requirements: http://store.steampowered.com/app/207610/

Maybe Torchlight 2? http://store.steampowered.com/app/200710/

I'm sure regular PC gamers haaaate seeing posts like these, I'm just really bad at understanding requirements. Thanks!

I can't look at the links as I'm on the mobile but I'd say not. The integrated graphics are your bottleneck (the Intel one) and won't run many modern 3d games.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

BX 19 wrote: »
    I can't look at the links as I'm on the mobile but I'd say not. The integrated graphics are your bottleneck (the Intel one) and won't run many modern 3d games.

Thanks BX 19. Thinking of getting Walking Dead anyway and keeping for a better PC. Torchlight 2 requirements say that "Video Card: DirectX compatible 3D graphics card with at least 256MB of addressable memory." Probably still not good enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

wayhey wrote: »

Thanks BX 19. Thinking of getting Walking Dead anyway and keeping for a better PC. Torchlight 2 requirements say that "Video Card: DirectX compatible 3D graphics card with at least 256MB of addressable memory." Probably still not good enough?

You don't have a graphics graphics card and you wont be able to play most games without one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Blatter wrote: »
    Legend of Grimrock was added to the current Humble Bundle deal.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Damn it.

I said I wasn't buying any more. I said I was done.

And now you go and dangle that in front of me. I didn't even hesitate. Paypal straight away. Essentially 12 games. At about €1 a piece, it's fantastic.

Mrs. Sofiztikated, the childers are going hungry tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Fingers crossed for Crusader Kings 2 in the poll but not much hope when its up against Shogun 2 and Civ 5.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

So far have bought:

Arkham Asylum €4.99
    CS: GO €6.99

Both of which were planned, not impulse buys.

Woo, go self control :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

Rael wrote: »
    So far have bought:

Arkham Asylum €4.99
    CS: GO €6.99

Both of which were planned, not impulse buys.

Woo, go self control :)

And on the other end of the self control spectrum, we have me!

So far have bought (humblebundles and steam sale):
    Offspring Fling
    Cave Story+
    The Basement collection
    F.E.A.R. complete pack
    Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate edition
    Psychonauts
    Sonic Franchise collection
    Mass Effect collection
    Batman Arkham city goty
    Half life: Blue shift, opposing force, source
    Portal 2
    Dawn of war Franchise pack
    Himan Collection
    Divinity Anthology
    Torchlight 2
    Monkey island 1 + 2
    Legend of Grimlock
    Dungeon Defenders
    Snapshot
    Shank 2
    Closure
    The binding of isaac
    Red Faction: Armageddon
    Titan Quest
    Saints Row: The Third

An embarrrassment of riches, next on my list is a cloning tank so the other me can run my life and I can find the time to play some of these! :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Good grief man you brought all them this sale :D?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Errr just Natural Selection, Masseffect 3, football manager and a humble bundle for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

Good grief man you brought all them this sale :D?
    Yup, my first sale, prior to this I had only the orange box lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

LuvSpudz wrote: »
    Yup, my first sale, prior to this I had only the orange box lol

steam-sale-540x405.jpg

Well you have definitely been bitten by the steam sales bug. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Bad rats must be an awful game for 44 cent haha!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

they'd have to give me it, give me it steam! Might start trying to clear all my games now, in alphabetical order. Ridiculous amount not given enough attention.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

they'd have to give me it, give me it steam! Might start trying to clear all my games now, in alphabetical order. Ridiculous amount not given enough attention.

Tell me about it mate, i just checked my steam library,117 games with 33 installed and only 18 in total even touched :o
    In my non steam games folder i have another 47 games and only 5-6 touched :(

I blame multiplayer games, fps,mmo`s etc, i just cant resist the lure of online play when i sit down at the PC.
    Im going to try to rectify that however, i started Darksiders 1 today suppose thats a start :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

According to that Lambent stew thing, I have 124 games, with 99 played, though there are a few I got on sale that I'm still downloading, so I won't get to play them for a while at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

It told me ive played less than a third of my approx 200 games.

I definitely have a problem.:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yeah i know Dcully, tell me about it, you can just hop on and play with your friends etc, so it's hard to play single player. Luckily we have 2 pcs, whicn leads to the problem of me buying all the games twice :D

Ends up I just play counter strike or dota, and im missing out on other great games. Although dota 2 is the best game...ever.

xt0Qo.png

:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Of my top 10, I think there's only one that's single player only (Skyrim). The rest are either MP only, or have a MP option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

PM me if anyone wants a copy of DOTA 2, its just sitting in my account and I sort of want rid of it at this point. :D Consider it a Christmas present.
    Edit: T'is gone now.

Yeah, I have 2 copies of that in my inventory too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

What's Assassin's Creed II like on PC? I've been meaning to replay it on PS3, but I'd rather do it on PC if it's a decent port. Is there controller support? I can't imagine it would play well with KB+M.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    What's Assassin's Creed II like on PC? I've been meaning to replay it on PS3, but I'd rather do it on PC if it's a decent port. Is there controller support? I can't imagine it would play well with KB+M.

Excellent on PC. Great port with improved visuals and fully supports an Xbox Controller as that is what I played it with. My brother played with Keyboard and Mouse and had no complaints, either.

Also, Ass Creed II is far better than Ass Creed I.

Just had a glance at its page there, said : "Supported Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse, joystick optional (Xbox 360® Controller for Windows recommended)"

So yeah, controllers can be used it seems. Not sure how it plays on the PC though, I haven't gotten it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Falthyron wrote: »
    Excellent on PC. Great port with improved visuals and fully supports an Xbox Controller as that is what I played it with. My brother played with Keyboard and Mouse and had no complaints, either.

Also, Ass Creed II is far better than Ass Creed I.
    Denny M wrote: »
    Just had a glance at its page there, said : "Supported Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse, joystick optional (Xbox 360® Controller for Windows recommended)"

So yeah, controllers can be used it seems. Not sure how it plays on the PC though, I haven't gotten it.

Thanks guys, didn't see that supported peripherals bit, I was looking for the usual notice in the orange box. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

As of 5 minutes ago have so far added:
    Hitman Absolution.
    Darksiders.
    Walking Dead.
    Limbo
    Assassins creed 2 + Brotherhood.
    Borderlands 2(gift)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Haven't bought anything in the sale.
    Before its up though think I might get the walking dead(episode 1 was decent),Arma(just to see what all this dayz crack is about) and maybe civ 5(I remember playing the old ones and building the wonders was fun)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

The Left 4 Dead franchise looks good.

Anyone here still play it ?

• Advertisement

Yes, I adore those games.

Advertisement