Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just bought the Darksiders franchise pack for €19.99 (-50%) yet Darksiders 2 on its own without the DLC is €24.99 (-50%) Am i missing something here?

-Edit-

Just noticed the THQ collection is the same price as -50% Darksiders 2 and you get like 20 more games plus Darksiders 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Bought call of duty 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

blobby360 wrote: »
    The Left 4 Dead franchise looks good.

Anyone here still play it ?

Yes I do. Gotten back into lately. About 80hrs played in the last 2 weeks. Just play the campaigns a bit before jumping into multiplayer or people will get angry when you don't know the way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Just bought the Darksiders franchise pack for €19.99 (-50%) yet Darksiders 2 on its own without the DLC is €24.99 (-50%) Am i missing something here?

-Edit-

Just noticed the THQ collection is the same price as -50% Darksiders 2 and you get like 20 more games plus Darksiders 2.

It's insanely good value, yet no use to me as I own too much of the pack already. I guess this is the upside of a bankrupt THQ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Anyone play sins of a solar empire: rebellion and civ 5? Which should I get? I've played sins of a solar empire and civ 4 and prefer the former.

Not sure why I want another strategy seeing as I have yet to play Fall of the Samurai after getting distracted by two worlds II

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

Anyone play sins of a solar empire: rebellion and civ 5? Which should I get? I've played sins of a solar empire and civ 4 and prefer the former.

I absolutely hated Civ5. I think it's been completely dumbed down. A lot of people like it too though, it's a very contentious game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Not sure why I want another strategy seeing as I have yet to play Fall of the Samurai after getting distracted by two worlds II

Dont bother with Civ5. I think they got carried away with trying to improve things so much, that they kind of lost the run of themselves. It's an alright game, but pales compared to previous Civ games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Civ 5 is the first civ game i played and i enjoyed it a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No-one, no matter how determined ever escapes a Steam sale intact.

Just caved and bought FTL for a fiver.

Same, God knows when ill play it though.
    Ill probably grab Chivalry too, ive yet to hear anything negative about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GosuIrish

so far got

sleeping dogs
    rainbow six Vegas 1,2
    ghost recon advanced warfighter 1,2
    sniper ghost warrior
    assassins creed 2
    spec ops the line
    devil may cry 4
    race injection
    GTR Evo
    Mass effect collection
    mass effect 3(gmg)
    darksiders franchise pack
    prince of Persia all except the 2008 one
    splinter cell conviction
    some little dlc packs for few games

still 4-5 im waiting to pop up on sale , it doesn't seems like much until you list them all off : D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

PSA: it's marginally cheaper on their site (http://www.ftlgame.com/) due to being priced in dollars, the devs get a bigger cut than off steam, and you get a steam key from them. It is better to buy it straight from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Here's my tally so far:

Intrusion 2
    The Secret of Monkey Island
    The Sims 3 + 2 expansions
    Tiny and Big Granpas Leftovers
    Some Magicka 2013 dlc
    Quantum Conundrum + DLC
    Simcity 4
    Some Shogun 2 dlc
    some Napoleon TW dlc
    Some Empire DLC
    Rome TW + BI + Alexander
    Medieval 2 + Kingdoms
    Ace Of Spades
    Chivalry
    Endless Space
    KOTOR
    Tomb Raider collection
    Max Payne 1+2
    Some Tropico 4 DLC
    Alice Madness Returns
    Thirty Flights Of Loving

Considering i only intended to buy a small bit before the sale its safe to assume i may have a problem.

I also intend to pick up Crusader Kings 2 if that comes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Tally so far:

Endless Space
    Civ V: Gods and Kings
    Resident Evil 5
    Universe Sandbox
    Dead Rising 2 + Off The Record
    Mark of the Ninja
    Arkham City GOTY
    Tropico 4 + Modern Times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

First time I've given in and bought stuff during a Steam sale, not looking forward to my credit card bill. >_<

Alan Wake Franchise
    Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition
    Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition
    Darksiders Franchise
    Monkey Island 1 & 2 SEs
    Skyrim: Dawnguard
    Warhammer 40K: Space Marine

Will probably pick up a few more over the next few days (debating Saints Row 3 pack and some of the Assassins Creed games) . Only thing I'm annoyed I missed is the Anno 2070 pack.

Have also bought a copy of Space Marine and Civ 5 GOTY and Gods and Kings for my brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 chococobs

Here is something I found that you all might like..

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/

Just bought Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai Collection on green man gaming for €8.33 after using the 30% off coupon.

Bargain !

Includes

Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai

Total War: Shogun 2 - Dragon War Battle Pack

Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai – The Obama Faction Pack

Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai – The Saga Faction Pack

Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai – The Sendai Faction Pack

Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai – The Tsu Faction Pack

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

whats the obama faction pack lol?

Havent a clue, i wondered that myself :)

24gb dload begins.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I used to think that was a lot before upc :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I used to think that was a lot before upc :D

show off :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I wish I had UPC :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

show off :P

It's bad when my switch to connect up multiple pcs is slowing my net down to a measly 100 mb. I remember as a kid have 28.8k :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Denny M wrote: »
    I wish I had UPC :(

I wish I didn't have UPC paying for 50MB down 5MB up, getting 1MB down 4.5MB up and nothing other than WEP works. UPC refuse to do anything, and insist the contract still stands.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Have so far bought:

Dead Rising 2 Complete Pack
    Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
    Hotline Miami
    Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Mode DLC
    Jet Set Radio
    Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
    FTL: Faster Than Light
    LEGO Lord of the Rings
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    Darksiders Franchise Pack
    Devil May Cry 4
    Wargame: European Escalation
    Natural Selection II
    Hitman Collection

Was meant to buy Sleeping Dogs but I missed the sale. It will more than likely drop in price again I suppose.

BTW Lego Lord of the Rings, great game. Best in the LEGO franchise yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I had UPC up in college, and it was fine. I have eircom now, where 200kb/s is the norm for downloading games.

GarIT wrote: »
    I wish I didn't have UPC paying for 50MB down 5MB up, getting 1MB down 4.5MB up and nothing other than WEP works. UPC refuse to do anything, and insist the contract still stands.

you can contact comreg cant you? also simply...cancel the payment. You are not getting what you paid for, so the contract doesnt stand and you should be reimbursed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

you can contact comreg cant you? also simply...cancel the payment. You are not getting what you paid for, so the contract doesnt stand and you should be reimbursed.

I'm not the bill payer, apparently they are happy with it and can't see any problems because Facebook works. First world problems:rolleyes:.

I'm only here on holidays and weekends so its not too bad.

Anyway got 7 games so far, I regret not getting sim city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

They offer "Up to Xmb" - no provider ever guarantees speeds to cover their asses. That means you can pay for a 50mb service, only get 2mb, and they're covered.

You won't get reimbursed either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Dcully wrote: »
    Just bought Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai Collection on green man gaming for €8.33 after using the 30% off coupon.

Bargain !

Includes

Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai

Total War: Shogun 2 - Dragon War Battle Pack

Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai – The Obama Faction Pack

Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai – The Saga Faction Pack

Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai – The Sendai Faction Pack

Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai – The Tsu Faction Pack

I paid 17:50 for that,missed it for 13.55 the other day.

Leaving it alone until I've had my fun with Shogun 2 and all the DLC's with it though,its nearly a different game.

Advertisement