Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Zedrayas

I small mod file called DSFix will fix how terrible the game looks.

I know , I use it , im not talking about the GFX , the controls , they're the worst part!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Whatever about your games your sig is hurting my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

try xcom ironman! :pac:

XCOM looks like a game i'd enjoy but i have way way too many games to play as it is so i figure i'll wait till the price drops...

Dcully wrote: »
    Whatever about your games your sig is hurting my eyes.

Just realised it was so "in your face" It's off now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Haven't bought anything in this sale or the last sale. Planning a hardware upgrade first.
    Anyhu, just noticed Sins of a Solar Empire. If you're any way a fan of RTS games or you played the gem that was Galactic Civ then you really need to give this franchise a go. It's simply superb.

\plug done
    Merry Christmas all. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GosuIrish

Jernal wrote: »
    Haven't bought anything in this sale or the last sale. Planning a hardware upgrade first.
    Anyhu, just noticed Sins of a Solar Empire. If you're any way a fan of RTS games or you played the gem that was Galactic Civ then you really need to give this franchise a go. It's simply superb.

\plug done

Went to give it a quick test today and then i lost many hours very good game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Anyone else notice that the GTA deal is more expensive than it normally is in steam sales? I remember getting all the GTA games for a tenner..... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GosuIrish

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that the GTA deal is more expensive than it normally is in steam sales? I remember getting all the GTA games for a tenner..... :pac:

Think the original price used to be lower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Jernal wrote: »

\plug done

And with that, Galactic Civ franchise is up for 75% off.

Damn it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

farna_boy wrote: »
    Just to be clear, you are paying for 50Mb down, 5Mb up i.e.Megabits. When you download something the units are MB/s not Mb/s i.e. Megabytes per second not Megabits per second. There are 8 bits in a byte, so no matter what your 50Mb line will never download faster than 6 -7 MB/s.

Yeah, I know, I'm getting between 1 and 2 megabit download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

X3 TC and AP for $5.... sigh... okay steam, ok.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

X3 TC and AP

Translation?

Translation?

X3 Terran Conflict and the addon Albion Prelude.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Finally got San Andreas and Vice City at 75%, nothing really left on my list now that i really want have enough to occupy me for a while, well easter at least :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

X3 Terran Conflict and the addon Albion Prelude.

Good games, but such a steep learning curve.
    The Reunion expansion is on sale as well.

Good games, but such a steep learning curve.
    The Reunion expansion is on sale as well.

Yeah, I was playing Reunion there the last couple of weeks. Might as well start a new empire in AP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So for this sale

€96 spent

• FTL: Faster Than Light
    • Arma II: Combined Operations (ROW),
    • ARMA II: British Armed Forces,
    • ARMA II: Private Military Company
    • Mass Effect Collection
    • Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
    • SimCity 4 Deluxe
    • Darksiders Franchise Pack
    • Borderlands 2 ROW
    • Natural Selection II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

For anyone that got Mass Effect 2, you can activate it on Origin too for anyone who wants to do that. Same applies to the Sims 3 + expansions....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,087 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Anyone here ever used Green Man Gaming? I'm looking at DMC4 where it's much cheaper than Steam and it's saying I need a Steam account to play it. Does that mean it'll show up in my Steam library?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Anyone here ever used Green Man Gaming? I'm looking at DMC4 where it's much cheaper than Steam and it's saying I need a Steam account to play it. Does that mean it'll show up in my Steam library?

You'll get a code when you buy the game. You put that code into steam and it will be in your steam library and work exactly as if you bought it on steam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Despite everything I've managed to hold out so far this sale.. but Sim City 4 Deluxe for €2.49 looks extremely tempting. Reviews talk about audio/video/performance issues but are all a few years old.

I loved the original way back when but definitely not a Sims fan.. should I take a punt?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,087 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Less than £2. Can't believe this is legal. Cheers!

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Nollog

Complained to steam about the sonic bundle suddenly losing like 30 games, still no response.

Bought civ5 gods and kings for 3.15 from gmg though.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Bought civ5 gods and kings for 3.15 from gmg though.

Do GMG give steam keys because , 3.15 for Gods and Kings is crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Nollog

Zedrayas wrote: »
    Do GMG give steam keys because , 3.15 for Gods and Kings is crazy!

Yes they do.
    They're super.
    Use the promo code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 for that price.

someone was looking for plants v zombies, it's a flash sale on steam now, for 249

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

/\/ollog wrote: »
    routes meaning the routes the packets take to certain destinations.
    I had huge issues with the route they changed to about 2 years ago to OVH's network in France.
    Maybe it's called peering actually.

Can you tell me what server you use for steam?
    [Steam, settings, downloads+cloud, region settings]
    Mine is set to UK-London, but I'd be interested in something more toward 19MB/s :p
    I'm on 120mbit.

Oh, I just remembered I bought Sonic Hits Collection Holiday 2012. So valve did get me to part with some money this year after all!

I vary between frankfurt, manchester and ireland - one of them normally gives a fast download. I was fixed on frankfurt the last few months but in steam sales I vary it a bit to get the best speed.

I know this is getting way off topic but I do remember threads on boards years ago when it was NTL complaining about their peering but I thought that got resolved since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

• Rise of Flight - €15.98 (GMG)
    • Skyrim Hearthfire - €2.47
    • Super Street Fighter IV - €10.74
    • Sniper Elite V2 + DLC €16.21
    • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover€6.49
    • Batman Arkham City DLC - €7.32

Total: €59.21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Digital Combat Simulation: A-10C Warthog
    The Witcher 2
    Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
    Universe Sandbox
    FEAR Complete Pack (ROW), Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers Soundtrack Edition
    Prince of Persia
    RAGE
    Wargame: European Escalation
    Orcs Must Die + Artifacts of Power and Lost Adventures
    GT Legends

Total of €76.32 which is less than I thought actually.

I was also nice and gifted 2 games to an old buddy, Wargame: European Escalation and Crysis/Crysis Warhead which brings the total closer to €90.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Finally bought Plants vs Zombies!

Have it on Android but wanted it on Steam.

Only 20 cheevos though, 47 on droid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

How much have i spent on the Steam sale so far?

Too bloody much...

Advertisement