Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Strange not to see any of the Fallout Games popping up with a bigger discount yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

So far haven't bought anything, am I winning?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Strange not to see any of the Fallout Games popping up with a bigger discount yet.
    True; they've done the 5 EUR GoTY sale fin every sale basically.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Does Gods and Kings expansion add much to Civ5 guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Dcully wrote: »
    Does Gods and Kings expansion add much to Civ5 guys?

for 4 quid it does Religion spying and improving AI along with new factions

i got it and im happy with the additions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Gods and Kings fixes most of what was wrong with the original Civ 5. Religion is a drag at times but you can knock it off in the game if you want. If you liked vanilla Civ 5 then pick it up. You'll not regret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Lol, Far Cry bundle costs €7 more than buying the games individually.

Wonder if that is just a mistake (probably) or Ubisoft trying to screw customers (probably not). Anyway, funny, particularly since Steam works out the "saving" for you.

http://steamunpowered.eu/steam-holiday-sale-watch-out-for-far-cry-franchise-pack/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Just got Mark of the Ninja, absolutely brilliant game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Zombrex wrote: »
    Lol, Far Cry bundle costs €7 more than buying the games individually.

Wonder if that is just a mistake (probably) or Ubisoft trying to screw customers (probably not). Anyway, funny, particularly since Steam works out the "saving" for you.

http://steamunpowered.eu/steam-holiday-sale-watch-out-for-far-cry-franchise-pack/

That issue is not present for US Steam users, so it could be an oversight. It has been reported anyways so we should know soon enough.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Bloody hell, the useless morons that are AIB keep blocking my ******ing credit card!!!! I've told them several times that I've emigrated so it is actually me using the card abroad but they just keep on doing it :( EVERY steam sale they do this :(:(:( Useless bastards. Plus they are off for Christmas and New Years so I can't even call them to shout at them.

Learned my lesson now. I'll be putting a huge chuck in my Steam wallet then they can block **** all they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Andy!! wrote: »
    Bloody hell, the useless morons that are AIB keep blocking my ******ing credit card!!!! I've told them several times that I've emigrated so it is actually me using the card abroad but they just keep on doing it :( EVERY steam sale they do this :(:(:( Useless bastards. Plus they are off for Christmas and New Years so I can't even call them to shout at them.

Learned my lesson now. I'll be putting a huge chuck in my Steam wallet then they can block **** all they want.

Would it not work if you linked it up with a Paypal account and bought using Paypal instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

If you're having issues with buying games abroad with an Irish bank card you can try putting in the URL to the website as follows:

store.steampowered.com/?cc=ie

This makes the website believe you're in Ireland, buying with an Irish cc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Hmmm.

Trying to decide if Farcry 1 & 2 are worth a punt.

Not bothered by 3 just yet, and with the pack price being arseways, I think I can leave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,383 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

ERMAGERD!

GTA Collection is 12.50.... christ thats tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Does anyone else remember getting the full GTA collection for €9.99 before?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I got it for £4.99 about a year ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Tinie wrote: »
    I got it for £4.99 about a year ago.
    i got mugged, full price for the episodes and the next day they were on sale.

gabe never replied to my email :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,087 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Wrapped up Mass Effect last night. Can't get the free DLC to install for some reason. I find it really disappointing that the Digital Deluxe edition of the sequel on Steam only includes some of the DLC.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Wrapped up Mass Effect last night. Can't get the free DLC to install for some reason. I find it really disappointing that the Digital Deluxe edition of the sequel on Steam only includes some of the DLC.

Sure the boxed Trilogy, sold as the "Complete Mass Effect collection", doesn't even have all the DLC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,087 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Kiith wrote: »
    Sure the boxed Trilogy, sold as the "Complete Mass Effect collection", doesn't even have all the DLC.

And there was me thinking complete meant complete.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Yup bought it at that price before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

They blocked my card last sale, so for this sale I'v done just that - transferred a chunk of money from my bank account to PayPal, then bought a lot of Wallet credit!

Well my CC is hooked up to my paypal, so paypal doesn't really help :P
    Jelle1880 wrote: »
    If you're having issues with buying games abroad with an Irish bank card you can try putting in the URL to the website as follows:

store.steampowered.com/?cc=ie

This makes the website believe you're in Ireland, buying with an Irish cc.

Would that get around region blocking? Can't buy some games here that are available in Ireland, which is BS cause I'm an Irish citizen, so I shouldn't really fall under any 'won't someone think of the children' laws here.

kaimera wrote: »
    gabe never replied to my email :(

Still does that does he? Haha. What is it again? I want to shout at him over ex-pats and regions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,715 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

why would you not just get a new bank account in the country youre in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just bought Age of Empires 3 complete edition

Always love the Emipre games and cant remember did I play this edition or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Well my CC is hooked up to my paypal, so paypal doesn't really help :P

Would that get around region blocking? Can't buy some games here that are available in Ireland, which is BS cause I'm an Irish citizen, so I shouldn't really fall under any 'won't someone think of the children' laws here.

'Fraid you're bound by the laws of the country you are in.

Overheal wrote: »
    why would you not just get a new bank account in the country youre in?

My problem is that titles that are available in my home country are not available where I live. But I think this is unfair on people that are away for a year teaching or whatever. Our account should really be linked to where our account was created (IMO).

What's the big dudes email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GosuIrish

Bit odd asking here but anyone willing to paypal me about 2.50 till Thursday or Friday ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

GosuIrish wrote: »
    Bit odd asking here but anyone willing to paypal me about 2.50 till Thursday or Friday ?

pm me

Advertisement