Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Gamestop also sell steam wallet cards in €20 and €50 denominations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Hello boards!

First time poster, and seeing as I'm only returning to PC gaming now after a break of a few years, this is my first Steam sale too.

Anyway, I could't see it on the sale home page, but a search revealed that Frozen Synapse complete pack is available for €7 for anyone who's interested - that's two copies of the original game, Red DLC and the soundtrack. Will probably get it on the recommendation of a friend.

Other than that, I've picked up Orcs Must Die complete and a few Valve games I only played on XBox before. If Arkham Asylum/City appear on sale before Saturday, I'll nab them too :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Darvich wrote: »
    Hello boards!

First time poster, and seeing as I'm only returning to PC gaming now after a break of a few years, this is my first Steam sale too.

Anyway, I could't see it on the sale home page, but a search revealed that Frozen Synapse complete pack is available for €7 for anyone who's interested - that's two copies of the original game, Red DLC and the soundtrack. Will probably get it on the recommendation of a friend.

Other than that, I've picked up Orcs Must Die complete and a few Valve games I only played on XBox before. If Arkham Asylum/City appear on sale before Saturday, I'll nab them too :)

Welcome to boards and back to PC gaming :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hello boards!

welcome back. keep in mind, on the last day the best and most popular games going to be on sale. so get ready your wallet bud.

welcome back. keep in mind, on the last day the best and most popular games going to be on sale. so get ready your wallet bud.

The last day being the 5th i believe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Dcully wrote: »
    The last day being the 5th i believe?

Jan 4th the last day deals will appear at 6 pm. You have until the 5th to decide what you'd like from them. I think anyway, that's normally how it used to work.

Cheers! My mate, used to being violated twice a year by Steam, gave me the low down. I got a €50 One for All gift card last week, so put €50 into my Steam wallet in GameStop and still have about twenty left, so I hope I'll be alright...

Famous last words!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Cheers! My mate, used to being violated twice a year by Steam, gave me the low down. I got a €50 One for All gift card last week, so put €50 into my Steam wallet in GameStop and still have about twenty left, so I hope I'll be alright...

Famous last words!

Also, just in case, it hasn't been made clear to you. The whole point of the Steam Sale is to buy as many games as possible that you won't ever have the chance of playing in RL. It's a hoarder's paradise. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Headshot wrote: »
    Just bought Age of Empires 3 complete edition

Always love the Emipre games and cant remember did I play this edition or not

Used to love AOE 2 and TC expansion.. how does 3 compare?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

he only bought it today, he's legally obligated not to play it until at least midway through 2016

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I plan to play it in 2020

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

he only bought it today, he's legally obligated not to play it until at least midway through 2016
    Headshot wrote: »
    I plan to play it in 2020

Play? Oh, oh yeah, I, too, plan to play these, also.

Did that even sound in any way genuine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Erm, on the Train Simulator page is a deal on this fantastic product. :pac:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/222540/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Well gonna have to pick up mark of the ninja and binding of isaac before the 5th, fingers crossed for another bully sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

VinLieger wrote: »
    Well gonna have to pick up mark of the ninja and binding of isaac before the 5th, fingers crossed for another bully sale

Get BOI in the humblebundle if you can, its on for two more days and you'll get more for your money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

VinLieger wrote: »

I have a copy of the binding of isaac from the humble bundle if you want. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

just over 3 hours left to get 2 copies of frozen synapse for only 4.50.....
    really good game its worth it for full price even...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Get BOI in the humblebundle if you can, its on for two more days and you'll get more for your money

Bank of Ireland? The investments forum is that way
    > :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Bank of Ireland? The investments forum is that way
    > :pac:

Binding of Isaac is still probably a better bet for your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Bugger bought the frozen synapse two pack by mistake. If anyone wants to trade for my spare copy im willing to listen to offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Bugger bought the frozen synapse two pack by mistake. If anyone wants to trade for my spare copy im willing to listen to offers.
    You can't buy a one-pack, only a 2 pack and 2 pack with dlc. This information will cost you a copy of Frozen Synapse. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Banjo wrote: »
    You can't buy a one-pack, only a 2 pack and 2 pack with dlc. This information will cost you a copy of Frozen Synapse. Cheers!

Haha nice try.;)

Im feeling generous though so tell me your steam username and ill gift it to you.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Deus Ex: HR for less than a fiver. If anyone doesn't have it that's a serious bargain. Probably 25-30 hours of top quality gaming.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

danthefan wrote: »
    Deus Ex: HR for less than a fiver. If anyone doesn't have it that's a serious bargain. Probably 25-30 hours of top quality gaming.

I had it for ps3 but traded it in because I just couldn't get into it *sigh*

danthefan wrote: »

Brilliant game, up there with the best stealth games ive ever played.
    PC version ofcourse, console version is fugly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I had it for ps3 but traded it in because I just couldn't get into it *sigh*

Funnily enough I was kind of the same, I bought it at release and played a bit but gave up well under halfway through. I decided recently to give it another try and I loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Tempted by Torchlight 2 and TW:S.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dcully wrote: »
    Brilliant game, up there with the best stealth games ive ever played.
    PC version ofcourse, console version is fugly :)

tis indeed fugly,maybe I'd have a better experience with the pc version :-P?

Just picked up Med II TW and the Kingdoms expansion. Had Med II when it came out first and loved it, and RTW too. At €4.49, it'd be damned rude not to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

What's Awesomenauts like?

Advertisement