Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Darvich wrote: »
    Just picked up Med II TW and the Kingdoms expansion. Had Med II when it came out first and loved it, and RTW too. At €4.49, it'd be damned rude not to!

Just got the Napoleonic Total War + All it's expansions. 6.49 :)

Loved Cossacks II back in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Nollog

ionapaul wrote: »
    What's Awesomenauts like?

Good fun.
    3 v 3 2d action shooter arcade thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Just on a general I-love-Steam note, I downloaded about 100GB games at home on my laptop over Xmas (UPC ftw) and installed them into my PC in my apartment there from backup. What an absolutely awesome feature. Would have taken about a year to download on my crappy internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

possible 50% off boarderlands 2 in 3 hours :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I see Max Payne franchise on sale, if there was three games you picked up for the first time, these are the three

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Dcully wrote: »
    Brilliant game, up there with the best stealth games ive ever played.
    PC version ofcourse, console version is fugly :)

Agreed, played both and the PC version actually felt like a different game, no joke. Only game to top my GPU off at 72C though :pac: with tesselation etc. on of course.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Nolars wrote: »
    possible 50% off boarderlands 2 in 3 hours :D
    For the third or fourth time this sale; I don't understand why people still vote for the option at this stage as anyone who've wanted it at 50% have had ample oppertunities to buy it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Nody wrote: »
    For the third or fourth time this sale; I don't understand why people still vote for the option at this stage as anyone who've wanted it at 50% have had ample oppertunities to buy it.

It's very easy to miss those flash sales even more so when there's no notification in advance. I've been away from a pc for most of the last week and a half. As I'm sure quite a few others could have as well. Only for you saying it's been on a flash sale already, I wouldn't have known at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Nody wrote: »

I had all three so I voted for the one I thought people might enjoy most. That ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Tempted by Torchlight 2 and TW:S.

You won't be disappointed. Excellent games both of them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Thinking i'll get Torchlight 2, the Dawn of War collection and Crusader Kings.

So much for not spending anymore money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Kiith wrote: »
    Thinking i'll get Torchlight 2, the Dawn of War collection and Crusader Kings.

So much for not spending anymore money...

Still havent played more than 5 minutes of torchlight2. Got it ages ago. Might do a replay of Dawn of War though

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

MagicSean wrote: »
    Still havent played more than 5 minutes of torchlight2. Got it ages ago. Might do a replay of Dawn of War though
    Loving Dawn of war, played the main campaign yonks ago. Bought it in the recent sales, love playing through on insane difficulty. On the final Mission last night got my ass royally handed to me though, will have to rethink my strategy!

I've been very good for the last week, no purchases, very very tempted on several occasions, but there'll be other sales at other times. Rest easy my brave wallet, just a few days of abstinence to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Picked up Crusader Kings 2 and some DLC so im happy. That was the last thing on my list of stuff i wanted to buy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Torchlight 2 is what Diablo 3 should have been , far superior game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Steam seems to be down atm, can't get to the store through the client or website. All I want to do is give them my money...

edit: back up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dcully wrote: »
    Torchlight 2 is what Diablo 3 should have been , far superior game.

Torchlight added to the Dcully and Kiith list :D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭TheSunderz

Any 1 else vote for skyrim 50% off ? Cant wait to get it for 20 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

TheSunderz wrote: »
    I got it for a tenner on gamefly during the last sale so shop around before you spend 20 on it.

Did hitman or borderland 2 win the last community choice? I really wanted to get hitman for about €20 but I ended up forgetting about it and going to sleep.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

grimm2005 wrote: »
    All I want to do is give them my money...

Chap im going to have to save this comment. :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

EGriff wrote: »
    I got it for a tenner on gamefly during the last sale so shop around before you spend 20 on it.

Did hitman or borderland 2 win the last community choice? I really wanted to get hitman for about €20 but I ended up forgetting about it and going to sleep.
    Borderland 2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

got tropico 4 5.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

It's very easy to miss those flash sales even more so when there's no notification in advance. I've been away from a pc for most of the last week and a half. As I'm sure quite a few others could have as well. Only for you saying it's been on a flash sale already, I wouldn't have known at all.

Pfft...amateur. That's what those steam apps are for. :cool:

Not cool, especially as far as one's wallet welfare is concerned. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

EGriff wrote: »

TheSunderz wrote: »

As another poster above has pointed out, it's been on sale for less than €20 in the past, so hold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Lucius in the flash deals.

Remember I was following the game for a while. Anyone play it?

Have to pick it up, gonna watch some videos first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Tomb Raider Underworld for 2.49 (entire tomb raider collection 14.99). Magicka for 2.49 (hilariously fun game).

Seriously steam, the sooner the sale ends, the better it is for my wallet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Quick question. Are there any problems playing the older games on Windows 7? Like the Max Payne bundle, for example. I ask because I had trouble getting Bioshock to run and that's only 5 years old.

On another note, Yaya, got my Christmas sale badge! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Chap im going to have to save this comment. :P

I've only had my new machine about a month and a half, just catching the Autumn sale and now the Christmas sale and I now have about 45 extra games in my steam collection since getting the new PC. Clearly I'm now an addict. Still, 2 of those bundles were the "pay what you want" humble bundles, it would have been rude not to! I just hope there won't be any more sales for a while.

And thats before mentioning the GOG sale which also got a good bit out of me :P

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Quick question. Are there any problems playing the older games on Windows 7? Like the Max Payne bundle, for example. I ask because I had trouble getting Bioshock to run and that's only 5 years old.

Bioshock on PC has had issues from day one. More of a port/graphics card issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

CastorTroy wrote: »

I had a few issues with Max Payne 1 and 2 (decided to re-play them first before playing Max Payne 3) on the windows 7.
    But running in compatibility mode and running some patch that decompressed the sounds resolved all issues. Also had some mouse acceleration issue too with just Max Payne 1. Quick google resolved all the issues and considering Max Payne 1 is over 10 years old that isn't bad.

Advertisement