Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Anyone played the Overlord games? They sound interesting. Might pick one up and check it out. Should I get the complete pack and start at 1 or go straight for 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭munster87

Is Sniper Elite V2 worth buying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Big Knox wrote: »
    Anyone played the Overlord games? They sound interesting. Might pick one up and check it out. Should I get the complete pack and start at 1 or go straight for 2?

I have 2 on xbox.

I loved DK 1 & 2. Was told about Overlord, it's the spiritual successor, yada yada yada. I didn't really take to it. Must give it another bash. But not today. I've too much to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I played through Overlord 2 last year, thought it was good fun. Definitely worth €2.25 anyhow.

Is Magicka any good single-player / local co-op? Do I remember hearing issues about bugs and camera angles?

How about Tomb Raider Underworld, is the single player good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Quick question. Are there any problems playing the older games on Windows 7? Like the Max Payne bundle, for example. I ask because I had trouble getting Bioshock to run and that's only 5 years old.

On another note, Yaya, got my Christmas sale badge! :)

Had major problems with Crysis trying to get it to run in 64 bit.Found a fix but then when I got to the very last section of the game(last boss), it kept crashing no matter what I was doing.
    Have seen a few games ,like Manhunter, where its actually written in the system info that it won't run on windows 7 but I think its always worth checking out the discussion section in the games hub to see if people are having problems with it before you buy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Goth both; I'd start at 1 simply because of the story and the fact they are so cheap :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So what games went on Sale this morning at 4 and 10? Sorry, back at work so not able to check again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anyone get game maker studio?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So what games went on Sale this morning at 4 and 10? Sorry, back at work so not able to check again

Flash deals are...

Hotline Miami - €4.23
    Heroes of Might and Magic collection - €29.99 (or 50-75% off)
    GameMaker Studio - €27.19
    Dead Island - €6.79
    Overlord Complete Pack - €4.99
    AVSEQ - €.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

They are worth that price alright. I bought Overlord 1 at full whack for xbox and was miffed.

But they are definitly worth a playthrough, its a really good concept, just not that well executed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I was fairly well behaved this time around.
    Bought Deus Ex for £4, that was it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭Wossack

was going to list out my purchases, but err.. theyve not stopped yet..

dead island being the most recent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think I'm done now. I got Max Payne 3 off Amazon for the Black Friday sales. so may get 1 and 2. Otherwise I don't think there's anything else to get.

Like I said previously, games like Far Cry 3, Sleeping Dogs and Dishonored interest me, but I'll hold off for GotY type editions

• Registered Users Posts: 36 anonjoe555

sniper elite is defiantly worth a go, especially at this price

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

ionapaul wrote: »
    I played through Overlord 2 last year, thought it was good fun. Definitely worth €2.25 anyhow.

Is Magicka any good single-player / local co-op? Do I remember hearing issues about bugs and camera angles?

How about Tomb Raider Underworld, is the single player good?

Magicka is pretty good yeah,TR Underworld is very good, although i havent completed it,what i did play was very enjoyable [yet another game to add to my endless list of unfinished games] what am i like!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sniper Elite is a decent game. It's not outstanding, but for 75% off you'd be doing a lot worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

cracking someone's nuts with a sniper bullet and watching the camera pan around said area is ALWAYS satisfying.

Right, call me slow or whatever.

I got the Humble bundle. How do I activate them in Steam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Right, call me slow or whatever.

I got the Humble bundle. How do I activate them in Steam?

You should have a link sent to your Humble Bundle page in your email. As long as you've spent over a dollar, there should be something like "Click here for your Steam keys" near the top of the page.

Then in your Steam client, click "+ Add A Game" and choose "Activate a product on Steam". Follow the prompts.

You should have a link sent to your Humble Bundle page in your email. As long as you've spent over a dollar, there should be something like "Click here for your Steam keys" near the top of the page.

Then in your Steam client, click "+ Add A Game" and choose "Activate a product on Steam". Follow the prompts.

:o

I didn't see the "Click here for your Steam keys." I scrolled down to look through the games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TheZestyLemon

CS:GO was supposed to be 50% off in the vote, right? Why is it appearing as 25% off for me now?

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

shows up on my pc for 50% off 6.99, but on phone its down as 25 % 10.49 ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Noticed that too. Haven't checked on PC but it's only 25% off on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TheZestyLemon

Well, whatever the problem was it seems to have fixed itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Have bought maybe 7/8 games so far and what have I spent the last two days doing?

Getting re-hooked on TF2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

TheDoc wrote: »
    They are worth that price alright. I bought Overlord 1 at full whack for xbox and was miffed.

But they are definitly worth a playthrough, its a really good concept, just not that well executed.
    Nothing beats terrorizing peasants as an evil overlord or making fat romans run around scared :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

A lot of good people have spoken highly of Bastion, so I decided to pick it up for €3.49.

Looking forward to playing it!

...sometime in 2014... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Didn't do too bad:

ARMA 2 & Operation Arrowhead (for DayZ)
    Torchlight II
    The Walking Dead
    Far Cry 3
    Sniper Elite V2

Now no more bloody sales for a while Steam :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is tomorrow the last day of offers and then it ends saturday 6pm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

is age of empires 3 any use ?? i loved the first one years ago but haven't played any of the new ones so is it worth the tenner ??

Advertisement