Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

1343536373840»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I didn't get anything directly from Steam, but I did benefit from Amazon.com price matching :)

The Walking Dead - $12.49 (€9.99)
    Hotline Miami - $4.99 (€4.29)
    Spec Ops The Line - $2.49 ($7.49-$5 voucher from purchasing the other two)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Through canny use of tokens I bagged the following :

Thief pack (Gold, The Metal Age, Dark Shadows)
    Magicka + DLC
    The Longest Journey
    Dreamfall
    LA Noire
    Assassin's Creed II
    Hotline Miami
    Max Payne 3 + Rockstar Pass
    Endless Space
    Star Wars : KoToR II
    Sim City 4 Deluxe
    Universe Sandbox
    Dead Island + DLC
    Hitman pack (I, II, Blood Money)
    Batman Arkham City GotY
    The Walking Dead

And thanks to the generosity of the Boardsies community (or maybe I'm just a gifted scab-merchant?) I also snagged a DOTA2 invite and Frozen Synapse. The heroes know who they are :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Right, now the sale is over, and hopefully all the beggers have scarpered off somewhere else, I have a proposition for y'all.

I've some DOTA2 gifts to give away.

PM me with why you think I should pick you, along with your steam name, and I might fire you across one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I have 8 dota invites also, if anyone would like one send me on your steam details!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yeah i got tons of invites last few weeks. I just randomly send them to friends on steam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I've got 16 keys, all my mates already have DOTA2,

Says alot when you cant get rid of a free key tbh : /

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

TheDoc wrote: »
    I've got 16 keys, all my mates already have DOTA2,

Says alot when you cant get rid of a free key tbh : /

I have given away about half a dozen on boards and about a dozen to steam friends.

You can get rid of them on steamgifts.com also which I did for about 5 too.

Oh and also have some still available if anyone is looking for any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I keep hearing about DOTA, and have no idea what it is (other than it's based on a Warcraft map, or something) so if someone can PM a code, that would be nice. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

chrislad wrote: »
    I keep hearing about DOTA, and have no idea what it is (other than it's based on a Warcraft map, or something) so if someone can PM a code, that would be nice. :)

PM me your email and I will send you an invite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just when I thought I was out...

I know not Steam, but now have to use my editor's choice code for Amazon. So looks like be getting The Darkness 2 for $2.49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

good price for that game, it's got some good ideas in it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just when I thought I was out...

I know not Steam, but now have to use my editor's choice code for Amazon. So looks like be getting The Darkness 2 for $2.49

That promo code was the devil. Still might have 1 or 2 and debating whether or not to get Battlefield 3 premium with'un.

Have the other stuff I'd be interested in already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Ok.. Final list. Some were gifts..

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
    Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within
    Metro 2033
    Retro City Rampage
    Towns
    EVE Online
    The Walking Dead
    Sims 3 + Showtime Bundle
    Prince of Persia: Two Thrones
    Introversion Complete Pack
    Ace of Spades 4-Pack
    FTL: Faster Than Light
    Bioshock Franchise Pack
    Orcs Must Die 2 - Complete Pack
    Mark of the Ninja

Thank feck it's 6 months to the summer sale

That promo code was the devil. Still might have 1 or 2 and debating whether or not to get Battlefield 3 premium with'un.

Have the other stuff I'd be interested in already.

Well that's The Darkness 2 purchased with the code. Have the first on PS3 to play as well
    Agent J wrote: »
    Thank feck it's 6 months to the summer sale

None at Easter? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

None at Easter? :)

DAMN YOU!!!!

Agent J wrote: »
    DAMN YOU!!!!

Anything to help. Wouldn't want you to be surprised by the sale and completely unprepared. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

My tally:

Portal
    Portal 2
    Civalisation V
    Elder Scrolls III
    Elder Scrolls IV
    Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
    Saints Row 3
    Ace of Spades
    The Walking Dead
    The Witcher Two.

Still have yet to play DOTA 2 but must look into it soon enough, a fair few of my friends play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Decided to pick up Tropico 4 in the sales, what a game!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Well that's The Darkness 2 purchased with the code. Have the first on PS3 to play as well

Yeah, I got it in a bundle myself, so got The Line for 2quid. Have the first on 360. Haven't gotten around to playing that yet either myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

Finished Dawn of War, before I tuck into the expansions I've been giving Overlord a go and quite enjoying it! It has it's issues but for a fiver for the series you can't go too wrong. Best way to describe it is pikmin in a fantasy setting I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

How is it possible to buy premium through Amazon? Cant it only be bought through the Origin store? Im having trouble doing that cause Im abroad, maybe Amazon could help.

Andy!! wrote: »
    How is it possible to buy premium through Amazon? Cant it only be bought through the Origin store? Im having trouble doing that cause Im abroad, maybe Amazon could help.

Battlefield 3?
    Still needs to be activated on Origin, but amazon act as partners/vendors for selling keys as well. Can be cheaper at times.

It's here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-3-Premium-Edition-Download/dp/B0098QPPL6/ref=pd_sim_vg_7

You'll need to add a US address onto your account for the 1 click purchase for Amazon.com

Seem's it's gone back up to full price anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Battlefield 3?
    Still needs to be activated on Origin, but amazon act as partners/vendors for selling keys as well. Can be cheaper at times.

It's here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-3-Premium-Edition-Download/dp/B0098QPPL6/ref=pd_sim_vg_7

You'll need to add a US address onto your account for the 1 click purchase for Amazon.com

Seem's it's gone back up to full price anyway.

No... the extra maps& stuff, a Premium Pass, on the PC...

Andy!! wrote: »
    No... the extra maps& stuff, a Premium Pass, on the PC...

They should all come with the premium version I linked. The "premium pass" is intended if someone just bought standard.

Advertisement