Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

In years to come I'm imagining there'll be a live stream of someone famous with their hands over a big red button, just waiting for the time to kick off the Steam sale and much rejoicing, celebration and brokeness.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yoink! Natural Selection 2, you are mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Natural Selection 2 !!!

Yes:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

There's a new Christmas sale badge to be gotten with requirements similar to previous sales too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

witcher 2 was 7.49 or threabouts on gog yesterday

steam community votes to give it a 60% discount so it's 12 euro on steam

****ing

retards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

It's begun! It's like millions of credit cards cried out at once...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

There's a new Christmas sale badge to be gotten with requirements similar to previous sales too!

Is there any benefit to getting those badges?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Honestly, thanks so much for Half Life 2 and the GOTA game.. love you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Is there any benefit to getting those badges?

Your e-penis grows an inch for every badge you earn.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

So the seal begins . . . ;)
    The Steam Holiday Sale is on now and runs until January 5, 2012. There are huge savings throughout the store, with daily deals, flash sales, and catalog discounts. Additionally, every twelve hours there will be a chance for gamers to vote on a select game to go on sale.

This year, we've taken some of the guesswork out of when your favorite games will be on sale. You may now organize your Steam Wishlist and be notified via Steam Mobile and/or email when a game from the list goes on sale as a Daily Deal. The Steam Mobile App is available for both iOS and Android.

Complete information on all the savings, daily deals, featured publisher game packs, compilations and more may be found on www.steampowered.com.

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Your e-penis grows an inch for every badge you earn.

People already moaning on the Steam forums that the badge is not up to their expectations. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Picked up
    Batman GoTY (yes I know, I'm standing in the corner of shame for not getting it earlier)
    Intrusion 2

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale has a 50% discount atm but hoping for a flash deal on it for 75%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

January 5th? That's a long time to be watching the site.

Nothing at the moment for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

CastorTroy wrote: »
    January 5th? That's a long time to be watching the site.

Nothing at the moment for me.

I see a few games that are in the general sale category which interest me, but I am going to hold off picking them up for a few days. Never know what will end up in the daily deals. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

'nthin gud yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

anyone know what the game that isn't available in our region of the big bundle packs is?

Farming Simulator 2013 25% off now only €18.74 - deal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive never played any of the hitman series.
    I see the hitman collection is €4.99 and includes

Hitman2: silent assassin
    Hitman: Blood Money
    Hitman: Codename 47

Are they any good guys?

Still have to get Garry's Mod after all this time. Will probably wait for it to go down to €2.50.

I keep getting an error when I try to vote in the community poll.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Farming Simulator 2013 25% off now only €18.74 - deal.

Got gifted this a while back and gave it a go, its actually very well done and weirdly addictive.
    Kinda embarrassed to admit it :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Dcully wrote: »
    Ive never played any of the hitman series.
    I see the hitman collection is €4.99 and includes

Hitman2: silent assassin
    Hitman: Blood Money
    Hitman: Codename 47

Are they any good guys?
    If I think they are the once I think off yes (and at 5 EUR why argue :P ); the Hitman series is very different from the usual run and shot games :)

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    If I think they are the once I think off yes (and at 5 EUR why argue :P ); the Hitman series is very different from the usual run and shot games :)

Not argument mate, just hope ill play them lol, still have about 40+ games untouched in my steam account :(

Lad with all these sales, green man gaming, humble bundles, indie royale, indie gala, bee mine, and the rest I have 377 games in my Steam account.

Enough is enough I'm not buying anymore. I mean, I notice Limbo, Braid, and Monkey island are in the poll now - surely there can't be anyone without these games these days?

I've started trying to get through my Steam collection apathetically (Notice Adventures of Shuggy in my sig - amazing game actually) and I'm not buying anymore unless it's an absolute "must have"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

11 euro for 5 PoP games... DEAL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

natural selection 2 had to be got. Was tempted by borderlands 2 but maybe it'll be on at 75% at some stage ? no rush to play it.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Lad with all these sales, green man gaming, humble bundles, indie royale, indie gala, bee mine, and the rest I have 377 games in my Steam account.

Enough is enough I'm not buying anymore. I mean, I notice Limbo, Braid, and Monkey island are in the poll now - surely there can't be anyone without these games these days?

I don't have Braid or the new version Monkey Island and only have Limbo on PS3...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Magill wrote: »
    natural selection 2 had to be got. Was tempted by borderlands 2 but maybe it'll be on at 75% at some stage ? no rush to play it.

No chance. If I recall correctly, any game launched within 3 months of a Steam Sale never goes for more than 50% off. So that means Borderlands 2, Dishonored, X-COM, Hitman Absolution, etc, etc. Even Black Ops 2 will probably never go lower than 33% off (Thank you Bobby Kotick).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Guys, I have Arkham City on disk but it just will not cooperate with my PC (I don't know why), do you think the Steam version would have a better chance before I waste my €7.50?

It will fairly annoy me to buy it twice but I really want it.

And what I mean with the disk version is I put the disk in the PC, the popup to autorun the setup appears, I click it, and then absolutely nothing happens from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Bought Intrusion 2. Felt tempted by Scribblenauts but it still feels expensive and i cant justify buying it at the price it is now when i prbably wont play it for a while anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Just setup my wishlist now to cross my fingers and watch my steam app for the next 2 weeks

• Advertisement

danthefan wrote: »
    Guys, I have Arkham City on disk but it just will not cooperate with my PC (I don't know why), do you think the Steam version would have a better chance before I waste my €7.50?

It will fairly annoy me to buy it twice but I really want it.

And what I mean with the disk version is I put the disk in the PC, the popup to autorun the setup appears, I click it, and then absolutely nothing happens from there.

There's a demo on steam download it

Advertisement