Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Got the hitman collection so far, waiting on morrowind and mass effect to hopefully drop to 75% off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Got the hitman collection so far, waiting on morrowind and mass effect to hopefully drop to 75% off

Got Morrowind in the summer sale for old times sake and it looks appalling, it is perhaps the worst aged game ever! Couldn't bear it for longer than 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

sucks that the collection dose'nt have contracts i was thinking about getting the collection myself

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Whats Natural Selection like? Seen it mentioned now a few times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭Glebee

ionapaul wrote: »
    What's the 2008 version of Prince of Persia like? Only €2.50 but don't want to bother if it's complete rubbish!

Ive completed it on PS3 i think. I thought it was ok. Dont think it got great reviews and dont know if it ported over to PC well. Got th be worth €2.50 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

SaulGoode9 wrote: »

Got Morrowind in the summer sale for old times sake and it looks appalling, it is perhaps the worst aged game ever! Couldn't bear it for longer than 20 minutes.
    There's an unofficial hd patch that makes it look like oblivion. Highly recommend it!
    Edit: crucially it still plays like Morrowind ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

SaulGoode9 wrote: »

How dare you insult Morrowind! It is a Bethesda game with over a decade of mod development though so that problem has been fixed!:)

Morrowind Overhaul

And nearly 8000 mods here

There is also a few good projects that have made a completely new game such as Arktwend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Yakult wrote: »
    Whats Natural Selection like? Seen it mentioned now a few times

It's very good and well worth the money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

How dare you insult Morrowind! It is a Bethesda game with over a decade of mod development though so that problem has been fixed!:)

Morrowind Overhaul

There is also a few good projects that have made a completely new game such as Arktwend

I can never get those overhaul mods to work. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

ionapaul wrote: »
    What's the 2008 version of Prince of Persia like? Only €2.50 but don't want to bother if it's complete rubbish!

not rubbish but the worst of the lost. they tried to go sandbox stylee, nice graphics though. i played it on console btw

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got war game esc,nothing else took my fancy except maybe endless space 14.99,anyone else get it?or should I wait?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Got war game esc,nothing else took my fancy except maybe endless space 14.99,anyone else get it?or should I wait?

i also have my eye on endless space anyone think it will drop more?

also anyone reckon skyrim will drop

Banjo wrote: »
    There's an unofficial hd patch that makes it look like oblivion. Highly recommend it!
    Edit: crucially it still plays like Morrowind ;-)

Morrowind Overhaul

Don't get me wrong, it's one of my favourite games of all time. I tried a few of those mods but the game kept bugging out and crashing. Definitely not my PC as I can run the likes of Battlefield 3, Skyrim etc comfortably at max settings. I might give it another go though as I'd love to be able to play through again. :)

How is Fable 3 still €40? Been meaning to pick it up for a while now but it hasn't gone any lower than €10 which I'd be hesitant to spend considering the bugginess and obvious flaws in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Skyrim is old enough that it just has to drop... doesn't it? Fingers crossed :)
    if nothing else, why would you buy anything that isn't a Flash Deal before the last day?
    It's day one, pace yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Oh crud, a sale and my credit card still hasn't been unblocked by AIB after the Skyirm Gamefly deal from the last sale...
    Have €100 en route to PayPal to buy Steam Wallet credit which has to do me for pretty much the entire sale, since my YouTube monies will be late next month.
    Hopefully there won't be much interesting on sale this year...

Also, WTF a Call of Duty is on sale during the first 18 months after it's release? Sure it's only 17%, but still a shock to see it discounted at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Looked at Wargame a few times over recent months but it seems to get mixed reviews. Worth a punt at a tenner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Looked at Wargame a few times over recent months but it seems to get mixed reviews. Worth a punt at a tenner?

its decent enough
    maybe a little slow
    but they have been adding new game modes and maps for free over the past few months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I had decided before the sale that if Borderlands 2 hit 50% I'd definitely buy it. But now that it has I'm thinking of waiting to see if it might hit 66% or even 75%.

Valve are evil fúcking geniuses getting us all hooked on virtual crack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,855 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Frisbee wrote: »
    I had decided before the sale that if Borderlands 2 hit 50% I'd definitely buy it. But now that it has I'm thinking of waiting to see if it might hit 66% or even 75%.

Valve are evil fúcking geniuses getting us all hooked on virtual crack.
    It won't be reduced any further, buy it now if you want it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So 3 games get updated at 4:00 and one of them is from the vote?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So 3 games get updated at 4:00 and one of them is from the vote?

No, three games on the flash sale and the one from the vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I reckon endless space has to hit a decent flash/daily sale at some point, as well as skyrim hitting at least 50%

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

What do people think grab Natural Selection right now or risk the wait for a better price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

VinLieger wrote: »
    What do people think grab Natural Selection right now or risk the wait for a better price?

It will probably show up again at some stage but I am not sure if it will be a higher discount than 60%.

VinLieger wrote: »

If it does go on sale again it won't be any cheaper than it is now. The only ones you should wait for are the ones on sale till the 5th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Kaiser2000 wrote: »

Short answer, yes.

It takes a bit of getting used to, and it requires a LOT of investment in terms of getting used to the units, but it's differnet, it's hard and it's unforgiving. You can lose your most powerful unit in a jiffy if you misuse it. So take your time, and don't rush in (in terms of misusing a unit). Very good game.

(I'm not saying I've mastered it, I haven't. But I really f*cking want to)

[edit] Just looked at the sale. That THQ package is simply wrong for that price. Hundreds of hours of gaming ... quality gaming ... for twenty five quid? That's incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you obviously didn't see the humble bundle,most of those games for less thna a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Ah sh*te. I got home from the work Christmas do last night and fired up the steam app on the phone and I'm pretty sure I bought the Ubisoft Collection because I saw Assassins Creed III and Far Cry and a few other bits and pieces but I was sure Far Cry 3 was in the bundle which along with ACIII was my main reason for getting it.

F**k the steam app and my drunken stupor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

And so it begins.........

Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle 3.74 EUR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Monkey Island just bought. Love it.

Now to wait for the flash sales to refresh.

Advertisement